New window sticker adhesive removal

We just installed some new windows to replace our 35 year old original windows. After installation I removed the stickers that were on the glass. They came off very easily and there was no adhesive left on the glass.
I washed both sides of the window with Windex the location of the sticker is still visible when the light hits the glass just right. I can feel no film or adhesive but I can still see where the sticker was.
How can I remove the "image" of the sticker?
G.S.
Add pictures here
✖
Gordon Shumway wrote:

Hi, Acetone or nail polish?
Add pictures here
✖

You meant nail polish REMOVER didn't you??? WD 40 and believe it or not real peanutbutter will take care of it as well......
Add pictures here
✖
How many little brush bottles of nail polish do you think it will take?
I've had some success removing sticker glue with WD-40. And the other day I used carburetor cleaner spray.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

re: How many little brush bottles of nail polish do you think it will take?
It may take quite a number of the little bottles, but if he does it right, he won't have to use the little brushes. Since nail polish, like paint, can vary from bottle to bottle, it would behoove the OP to mix all those little bottles into a single larger container to ensure consistancy. Once he has enough, he can use a larger brush or even a roller if need be.
Can you imagine the odor associated with applying nail polish with a roller?
Add pictures here
✖
Every lezbo in the city would come a'running.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION Do not remove any images until you are sure what they are. Could be the Blessed Mother telling us something. You may now be living in a shrine and never be able to wash the windows, at least not until after prayer services.
If your windows manage to pass (or would that be fail?) the Sainthood test and are blessed by the local Bishop, try acetone or mineral spirits, they wash as usual.
Add pictures here
✖
I'd go soft to start with, to avoid having anything too harsh around your new windows. Use something like Dawn dishwashing detergent 1st and see if that cuts it. If not, work your way up, trying rubbing alcohol next, then if all else fails go for the hard stuff like lacquer thinner or nail polish remover.

Add pictures here
✖

Lighter Fluid - Zippo or Rosonol - the kind used in flint lighters.
We use it to remove adhesive residue all the time. It'll soak right right through most paper stickers and go right to the glue.
Add pictures here
✖
DerbyDad03 wrote:

See "Naptha"
Add pictures here
✖

I know what he is talking about and it's not the sticky residue. I used to install glass and even after removing the sticker with a razor blade and glass cleaner you could still see where the sticker was at in certain cases if the glass got wet. I don't recall seeing the "ghost" image of a sticker because of the way the light hit it, as is the OP's case, but rubbing alcohol always took care of the problem.
Add pictures here
✖

Rubbing alcohol.
Add pictures here
✖

Grab a bottle of vegetable oil from the kitchen. Apply with a paper towel to the areas. Final clean with Windex.
Add pictures here
✖
Gordon Shumway wrote:

Local diocese, ask for the priest who does exorcisms. They will deny it at first so you will have to be very insistent.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:41:03 -0500, Gordon Shumway

Kerosene.
Add pictures here
✖
Phisherman wrote:

And a match??
Lou
Add pictures here
✖
Thank all of you for your replies. It seems there are several good solutions for this problem. There were even s few others that really wouldn't have made much difference :-)
Thanks, G.S.
On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:41:03 -0500, Gordon Shumway

Add pictures here
✖
Gordon Shumway wrote:

If no one has already suggested it... visit the home store and get a bottle of "goo gone". It will do EXACTLY what you are asking and will not hurt virtually any material. I've used it to remove stickers on just about anything except natural silk.
Good luck - Bob
Add pictures here
✖

I've read every response, and they are all wrong.
The place where the sticker was is the cleanest part of the glass once removed. You need to vigorously clean the entire piece of glass in order to not see where the sticker was.
Add pictures here
✖