New washers....energy star.....

Has anyone purchased/used the newest Energy Star washing machines? If so, would you recommend them to anyone - I'm speaking of the Maytags/Kenmores/Whirlpool models.....
Any feedback appreciated.....
I have the Maytag Neptune. Its been good, others have had problems with it though. Mold in the gasket and other things. Search google.
M Hamlin