New Vistas in Gutter drainage

"Quite regularly, as a home inspector, I see run-of-the-mill "bad" popping up. Occasionally "that was really dumb" makes an appearance. But you know you are in rare air when "Hall of Fame Stupid" presents itself. Now, gentle reader, is one of those times."
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/homegarden/2008033829_hay05.html
HeyBub wrote:

Looks like a tim the tool man fix.

Yes, of course! To notice the error and repair it.

Geesh, some people just don't appreciate innovation. LOL
On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 17:11:49 -0400, "John Grabowski"

I happen to know he used it as a cistern. Rain water is pure and very good for drinking.

Seem to remember from elementry school every raindrop has a spec of something besides the water.
http://www.komonews.com/weather/faq/4347966.html
SEATTLE - Ms. Sablan's kindergarten class at Seattle Hill Elementary wanted to know if rain has dirt in it.
Rain usually doesn't have dirt in it per se, but mainly will have tiny dust or pollen -- or even salt particles in it.
It's the dust particles that the water droplets stick to up in the clouds that create a raindrop. As the raindrop picks up more and more coatings of water from the surrounding water vapor, it'll be come larger and larger, until it's heavy enough to fall to the ground.
It's a good thing that we do have dust and other tiny particles in the air. If the air was super clean and didn't have any of those particles, it wouldn't be able to rain.