New Tool

Hello, I've invented, patented and will be offering a new tool to the public soon. I just thought I'd give this forum the heads up. It's a one foot repeating ruler printed on clear tape that doesn't pull up the surface when removed. The printing on the tape is red and the name of the product is Red Tape.

Sincerely,

Chris

Reply to
Chrisgiraffe

Very cool product, I can't wait to see some moron on a job site using it to tape something like a cardboard box closed or to repair a cut on an extension cord.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Invented" stretching the truth a bit arent you.

Reply to
ransley

Actually, taping a box might be perfect application since many shippers charge by the dimensions or limit the dimensions!

Reply to
RickMerrill

I think I'll invent a dip stick that has quart marks on it.

Reply to
Hipupchuck

To whom were you addressing your comment? I'm not the inventor, I was complementing him.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Kind of like those guys who use screwdrivers to hammer tacks. Hehehehe. "If you build it they'll misuse it..."

Reply to
Chrisgiraffe

I think it depends on how you define "invent". For common usage I don't think it's a stretch. Before I made a product I did research tape, measuring devices and all similar inventions. I didn't want to infringe on any existing patents or submit a patent when a similar claim had been made. The patent is pending and my research suggests that most inventions are variations on a theme. I wouldn't go so far as to claim I invented a measuring device where none existed before. In fact, rulers date back prior to 1500 BC (Indus Valley). More accurate forms of measurement exists and people have gotten by without my product without loosing a limb. But there are instances where this simply works better than existing tools. I could not buy this product before I produced it, thus invent really isn't too wild a claim.

Reply to
Chrisgiraffe

If there's a market and you believe in the idea, go for it. :-) If you were taking a jibe I think a better one might have been "I think I'll invent a milk jug with quart marks on it." Or, perhaps, "I think I'll invent a shoe with self guiding laces." hehehehehe.

Reply to
Chrisgiraffe

I use my big Kline screwdriver as a chisel and to punch out electrical box knock outs and of course my Kline lineman's pliers as a hammer and a reamer.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I've used my tablesaw to do nearly everything except slice bread. Sometimes the best tool is the one in your hand at that moment.

Reply to
Chrisgiraffe

OH MY GOD! What a chance for a naughty comment.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

LOL. Is this a joke? If not, it's pretty darn funny.

Reply to
Bill

Labelling each and every quarter inch increment with it's fractional description looks a bit clumsy to me. I'm guessing that you put some thought into this, maybe along the premise that it is easier for complete neophyhtes to use, but I think it's a bit overkill for anyone who has ever used a linear distance measuring device.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

alt.home.repair is not an ads newsgroup.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:h0h8k6$ckr$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

Get out of the gutter! You're blocking my periscope.

Reply to
Han

I could use something like this for layout work but its a little wide for my uses.

JImmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

The Red Tape site is fully functional and ready to take orders. Rolls sell for $6,50.

Reply to
Chrisgiraffe

With me its the first tool I see that will do the job.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

But it's tough to set a Phillips-head screw with a fern.

Reply to
HeyBub