New toilet not staying full

Just installed a new Kohler Cimarron toilet in a rennovated bathroom. When I flush it seems as though both the tank and bowl fill but then once the tank is done and shuts off the bowl starts to drain and I hear water trickling until the bowl is almost empty. Anyone able to offer a suggestion as to what's happening?
thanks Ian
On 28 Aug 2004 19:35:36 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ureach.com (Ian) wrote:

Does the toilet have an air vent?

Ian wrote:

If all (or almost all) of the water drains out, there may be a crack/flaw in the bowl and the water is just leaking out. Slowly pour water in the bowl until a normal water level is attained. If the water level drops, there is a problem with the bowl. If the water level stays the same then you have a vent problem.
On 29 Aug 2004 12:12:03 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ureach.com (Ian) wrote:

Not necessarily. The crack could be in the innards. In other words it drains into the pipe. Anything is possible, but I suspect the siphoning as I and others mentioned before.

Put some food coloring in the tank to see where its going.