New steel garage door

Does $1,040 sound like a fair price for replacing an old wooden garage door with a new sectional double-layer (25 gauge steel + insulation) door with windows? The existing opener is to be reused. Thanks.
On May 23, 11:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Forgot to add this is a 16x7 door in So. California.
On May 23, 11:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Forgot to add this is a 16x7 door in So. California.
On 23 May 2007 09:41:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I did this not too long ago with a similarly sized door. That price is quite reasonable if it's a good quality door.

I'm up in SFO, I got a few estimates last month for similar size door, with new tracks and torsion spring.
..
On May 23, 8:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Forgot to add that this is a 16x7 door in So. California.
On May 23, 8:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Forgot to add that this is a 16x7 door in So. California.
On May 23, 12:52 pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Sounds like in the ball park to me. It's been 4-5 years but I had installed an 18X7with new opener for about $1,300 in Delaware. Frank
[...]

You'll have to provide a few more clues.
How big is the unit? Do new tracks need to be installed? Is it a basic low-end steel unit, or a high grade heavily insulated one? Windows? Thermo-pane?
For comarison, last year I had a single width top of the line Clopay installed by the orange box store with new tracks but the existing opener for $650. That included disposal of the old door.
On May 23, 11:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Hi, Sounds fair to me. Up here I just had a bottom section replaced and door tune up for 250.00 CAD. Section was dinged backing up in a hurry causing door misalignment chewing up the weather strpping.
On Wed, 23 May 2007 08:47:57 -0700, ftom wrote:

What size?

It is a 16x7 door, in So. California.