New Skylight question...better to paint the inner wooden frame beforehand or after installation?

I prepainted all of mine. then applied another coat after I installed them. Obviously easier to paint on the ground than on a ladder. You will still have to paint the framed opening, but you won't have to worry about cutting in close to the glass.

BTW one of mine is in a bathroom and after five years have had no mildew.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

So far everyone is saying to go with Flat glass rather than plastic bubble in spite of my concerns about the potential for mold/mildew growth on the wooden frame. (these are above bathrooms)

For the flat skylight, my understanding is that the inner frame is wood and unfinished, and the condo Association will paint this frame afterward.

Was thinking maybe it would be easier for them to paint the wooden frame beforehand (and save the time and hassle of scheduling appointments and having people climbing ladders, etc.) Is painting beforehand a good idea, or is there a reason the painting should be done afterward?

Thanks.

J.

Reply to
jay