New sink doesn't fit

We had a porcelein sink and redid our kitchen. We put stone on the countertops, and our old sink fit. (33 x27). We just bought a new stainless steel drop-in and it doesn't fit because of the tracks on the side. Any advice? I know the tracks are crucial, but it seems that our hole (33 x 27) isn't big enough.
Sorry-- our sink opening is standard 33 x 22

The people that did the counter top made the mistake. Talk to them about correcting it. Alternatively, return your SS sink and take a tape measure to the store to check sink sizes and perhaps you can find one that fits better, Good luck.
Joe

How do you see it as the people who did the countertops fault? From the description, it sounds like they had the stone countertops done to fit with their old sink, not the new one. Normally, the countertop guys want the actual sink that is going to go in to avoid this type of problem.
I agree that they have 2 choices. Have the countertop guys enlarge the opening to fit, which may not be that difficult. Or get a sink that fits. The various manufacturers have websites with all the specs.
On Jan 30, 9:43 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Mea culpa, I didn't think about the possibilty of custom fitting the old sink. My assumption was that like the stacks of countertops at the box stores that the opening was cut to a standard size. Obviously it was not, as the new sink then would have fit just fine.

For example, the Kohler site has a dazzling array of SS sinks, with sizes, gauges and details galore. Cheers,
Joe