New siding/insulation question

I live in the Detroit area in a typical colonial house. I currently have old aluminum siding on my house from the late 60's and to my knowledge, no insulation under it. There is just an old tar paper under the siding.
I am soon getting new vinyl siding which also comes with a Tyvek wrap & insulation.
Will I be able to experience any benefits from this additional insulation? Will I experience a decrease in my heating bill, or will it not be that obvious? Just wondering how much of an impact it makes since I am paying for it.
Thanks
If you get the typical blue or pink foam, that stuff is about an R-6 per inch. You should see a savings, depending on how much insulation you now have inside the walls.

Bill wrote:

Find out if the wall spaces are insulated or not. If not, you have a golden opportunity to blow in insulation before the new siding goes up.
You will get a lot more insulation value by doing the wall space than the siding will provide.
Jim

The other two messages offered good advice. Since you're doing the siding anyway, it would be nuts not to include the insulation. Keep in mind though that the greatest energy savings come from proper attic insulation, and replacing lousy windows, in that order. Walls are last. The attic's the easiest thing to deal with.

Tyvek wrap is for air migration, not insulation. Which helps the air exhanges. but not much else.
House from the late 60's might not have much insulation any way. Might be time to call someone for an evualuation. Like someone else has said the wall cavities have a higher R-value when filled than the stuff under the siding.
What R-value are you paying for?
says...

Well, if they are installing the typical 'fan-fold' insulation, it has an R value of 1 or 2 depending on the thickness. So not any appreciable gain. But, between that and the Tyvek there should be much less air infiltration which will help more than the minor increase in the R value.
Dennis