New shutoff valve - how to sweat in?

Page 2 of 2

gate valves are very prone to not shutting off completely after they have been sitting a while.Every time I can I replace gate valves with ball valves or in the case of larger valves a butterfly valve is preffered.
plumbers.pipefitters,service technicians local 72 card number 1465687

I had already replaced about 90% of the plumbing I just hadn't replaced the valves going into the burner. Now that is done. I'll be able to "readress" as necessary in another 40 or so years. :)
Wrap the valve in a wet towel. Careful not to get the fitting wet. This will keep the valve from getting too hot. If talking with plumbers, say "wet rag" not towel.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.