New shutoff valve - how to sweat in?

E posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

I would suggest that you correct your water problem(s). The valve is just a symptom how about the insides of other areas?

Reply to
Tekkie®

gate valves are very prone to not shutting off completely after they have been sitting a while.Every time I can I replace gate valves with ball valves or in the case of larger valves a butterfly valve is preffered.

plumbers.pipefitters,service technicians local 72 card number 1465687

Reply to
digitalmaster

I had already replaced about 90% of the plumbing I just hadn't replaced the valves going into the burner. Now that is done. I'll be able to "readress" as necessary in another 40 or so years. :)