New scam?

Page 4 of 4

TURN OFF YOUR COLOR, YOU MORON
don't use voltage; 12.57 volts or anything else to measure if a<BR>battery has remaining capacity. In fact voltage is a very poor way to<BR>determine the capacity of a battery. Especially lead/acid 'storage'<BR>batteries; although voltage may be of some use with the cheap small<BR>disposable 'primary' batteries (AA, C, D etc.) used for flashlights etc. <BR>There are some voltage numbers that MIGHT be of some use after a<BR>disconnected battery has been left standing for 24 hours without<BR>charging or use. But to test voltage of the battery in a car that has<BR>just been driven (to the oil change location) a short while before<BR>probably meaningless. <BR>We recently had to change the battery in a friend's Toyota that was 13<BR>years old. Before and after changing the battery we tested the charging<BR>voltage which was and should be in the range of 13.8 to 14 volts (or<BR>little higher with some modern cars) AFTER STARTING AND WHILE THE ENGINE<BR>IS RUNNING. <BR>The 8+ year old battery in my Nissan pickup is working fine, starts<BR>every time, in this cold climate. In fact 'hot' climates often worse on<BR>batteries. <BR>And even if the battery HAD only 388 ampere hours capacity remaining of<BR>the original rating of 600, that's still 65% and if that is starting the<BR>car correctly no neeed IMO to change it! The battery will probably<BR>finally die after some 10 to 12 years; unless vehicle is being used as a<BR>taxi or delivery vehicle that requires frequent starting many times<BR>during each day."<BR><BR><BR>WOW back to the subject!&nbsp; I think everone agrees it's a scam.<BR><BR>Thanks <BR><BR> <P> <HR>
<P></P><FONT color=black>"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
--WebTV-Mail-28473-26628 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
"TURN OFF YOUR COLOR, YOU MORON"
Eat S*** and die!
--WebTV-Mail-28473-26628 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-28473-26628--
ehhhhhh. Jack. Watch this ............ what you an do with a REAL computer ........... MESSAGE ......... BLOCK SENDER ..............
Poof........... you're gone, never to appear on my screen again. Write back when you have a new e mail address and a real computer.
Steve
OFF YOUR COLOR, YOU MORON"<BR><BR>Eat S*** and die! <BR><BR> <P> <HR>