New scam?

Statistics can be found to support any conclusion.

Reply to
Steve B

will teach you all you need to know about how to charge any battery and what kills them in charging and maintenance of voltage.

Reply to
ransley

Yes, that's the right standard.

Reply to
mm

But why do you use light yellow letters?

I can't see it here but I see webpages in colors I can't read and I wonder what's wrong with the authors and I skip them. This may be my one chance to understand!

Reply to
mm

Dunno if this has been mentioned, but one of the traditional automotive cams is dropping the pan on your tranny and showing you all the "deadly" metal particles that means you need a new tranny NOW. They almost got me on that one years ago, but a friend steered me right.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Jack wrote: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com I am not going to change anything for one jerk that can not hit Cmd/A Do you mean Ctrl + A maybe? I you are on a PC there must be a way to read the post, or you really do not care? Right. Appently you don't either.

Reply to
Jack

Jack wrote: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com I am not going to change anything for one jerk that can not hit Cmd/A But why do you use light yellow letters? I can't see it here but I see webpages in colors I can't read and I wonder what's wrong with the authors and I skip them. This may be my one chance to understand!

Since you ask I will try to respond.

When I send the post it is not in a light yellow color. I guess you call it dark yellow on black. Something in your reader makes it light yellow.

Reply to
Jack

"Jack" wrote

No, it wasnt his reader. It came over that way to all.

Reply to
cshenk

No, something in the markup that *you* add makes it yellow. (This should be obvious; think about it: what color is the text that *you* see?) The anomaly is that you see it on a black background, whereas most of the rest of the universe sees it on a white background. If you want your posts to be read by the widest audience possible, then you should use black text on a white background.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Not to me! But his silly sig file is an annoying attachment. Not clearly posted in his message.

-- "If you like ObamaCare, you can have mine"

Reply to
Oren

They should be plain text. Anything else gets skipped.

Reply to
krw

That explains all then - you have a key that nobody else has.

Must be a WebTV thing.

Reply to
dadiOH

"No, it wasn't his reader. It came over that way to all."

How do you know ALL.

Is everyone using a "copy and paste" select all, to read the posts?

Reply to
Jack

To all who get the posts with the white background.

Do not read them. Don't let yourself be annoyed for non-important things.

I get many many emails every day that I just delete. There are people that post that I know only post to annoy, and I skip their posts.

Sigs are a WEBTV thing so as someone suggested killfile (or what ever) those posts.

Reply to
Jack

"They should be plain text. Anything else gets skipped."

There you go. Great idea.

Reply to
Jack

"That explains all then - you have a key that nobody else has. Must be a WebTV thing."

If you can not read something on your PC try marking it for "copy and paste". This highlights it and it should be able to be read (not my posts just skip )

Reply to
Jack

My reader (Agent) didn't show an attachment, but does show an un usual sig separator instead of the normal "-- ". Also, the message included HTML, which is not desirable for newsgroup posts.

I got no light yellow, but I did see a mention of "orange" in the raw message.

Considering colors, one rule I would use is if you change the text color or background color, CHANGE BOTH. This avoids bad contrast situations. Anyway, you shouldn't be changing either here.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Because you are posting using HTML, Jackie....

--WebTV-Mail-12315-16299 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit

Know what HTML is and the ramifications? It is a long standing custom to

*NOT* post to usenet using HTML because it can include code to do naughty things; however, many people use HTML for their email because it can be handy. If their reader is set to read all posts in text format (thereby dumping your yellow type), your sig comes out like this...

instead of this...

Additionally, if the double dashes in the sig are intended to be delimiters they are in the wrong place. (BTW, no need to capitalize "son"). The purpose for delimters FYI is so that the sig will not be included in any replies thereby avoiding obfuscation in the replies and load on he servers.

So you see, Jackie, the problem - a minor one admittedly - is caused by your ignorance of and/or refusal to comply with usenet protocal. Not to mention using WebTV, HTML, sigs and delimiters, etc.

As far as your suggestion to use Cmd/A goes, most people use computers to read and post to usenet. There being no "Cmd" key on computers, it would appear that you don't know how to use them. _____________

Why in the world would anyone do that??

Reply to
dadiOH

Jackie, I have forgotten more about computers than you will ever know.

Might as well, nothing worthwhile in them. I wouldn't bother skipping them, though, I'd just house you in the bozo bin.

Reply to
dadiOH

Unless you are talking dieties. But then you would probably also have to capitalize A Bitch. These grammar rules get so confusing.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman