New scam?

Page 2 of 4

Not to me! But his silly sig file is an annoying attachment. Not clearly posted in his message.
-- "If you like ObamaCare, you can have mine"
--WebTV-Mail-1889-16359 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
To all who get the posts with the white background.
Do not read them. Don't let yourself be annoyed for non-important things.
I get many many emails every day that I just delete. There are people that post that I know only post to annoy, and I skip their posts.
Sigs are a WEBTV thing so as someone suggested killfile (or what ever) those posts.
--WebTV-Mail-1889-16359 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-1889-16359--

My reader (Agent) didn't show an attachment, but does show an un usual sig separator instead of the normal "-- ". Also, the message included HTML, which is not desirable for newsgroup posts.
I got no light yellow, but I did see a mention of "orange" in the raw message.
Considering colors, one rule I would use is if you change the text color or background color, CHANGE BOTH. This avoids bad contrast situations. Anyway, you shouldn't be changing either here.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

I should have said Icon, instead of attachment...
The Icon is a 145 byte sig file at the end of his post. Because it contains HTML I won't see the sig unless I launch it in the browser.
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:42:31 -0500, Mark Lloyd

Interesting. My reader (Agent 1.93) did show the unusual sig separator but iddn't show the sig, even though it does show html sigs sometimes, or maybe only security sigs (are they the same as html)
I don't know if this is because I have an old reader (I don't especially think so) or because Agent has loads of settings, far more than any other news reader, and maybe I have settings set that just make his post look like any post, except for the sig.

I didn't get at all the message that started this discussion, but I looked at Jack's reply to me and looked at the raw message, and see no mention of orange or anything else unusual.

Yup.
[snip]

It's been a long time since I used that old version. The current version of Agent (v6) shows the word "signature" with a box around it. Enabling the HTML viewer adds fake shadows to the box. Note that the box DOES NOT contain the sig, only the word "signature".

The following is what I see in the raw message, as a signature:
--WebTV-Mail-4447-3732 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-4447-3732--

BTW, I started doing that when writing programs for the Commodore VIC-20. Examples in the manual often didn't work because the default background color had been changed.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

On the one post I got from Jack I got nothing like that. Here's all of what I got. It has nothing for signature. Maybe he didn't use a signature on the 16th at 18:57:54 ?? Check it out Jack. If you didn't the sig is the reaosn I don't get your posts.
ETAtAhUAlHtl4SHkYBx5ZZcZrtc8UpZYeHUCFElB8Atj44QPUP2s2K/ZiMCykJQq Content-Disposition: Inline Xref: eternal-september.org alt.home.repair:88866
Jack wrote: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com I am not going to change anything for one jerk that can not hit Cmd/A But why do you use light yellow letters? I can't see it here but I see webpages in colors I can't read and I wonder what's wrong with the authors and I skip them. This may be my one chance to understand!
Since you ask I will try to respond.
When I send the post it is not in a light yellow color. I guess you call it dark yellow on black. Something in your reader makes it light yellow.
---- ened quote----
It doesn't show the line above the sig. I cant' get the cursor low enough to include it when "selecting" text. Ignore the excessive line-wrapping. It has to do with margins set in my reader, default margines that cause trouble very very rarely, like here.
--WebTV-Mail-12315-16299 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
"No, it wasn't his reader. It came over that way to all."
How do you know ALL.
Is everyone using a "copy and paste" select all, to read the posts?
--WebTV-Mail-12315-16299 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-12315-16299--
Jack wrote:

Because you are posting using HTML, Jackie....
--WebTV-Mail-12315-16299 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Know what HTML is and the ramifications? It is a long standing custom to *NOT* post to usenet using HTML because it can include code to do naughty things; however, many people use HTML for their email because it can be handy. If their reader is set to read all posts in text format (thereby dumping your yellow type), your sig comes out like this...
<P><HR></P>"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack Nicholson
instead of this...
Additionally, if the double dashes in the sig are intended to be delimiters they are in the wrong place. (BTW, no need to capitalize "son"). The purpose for delimters FYI is so that the sig will not be included in any replies thereby avoiding obfuscation in the replies and load on he servers.
So you see, Jackie, the problem - a minor one admittedly - is caused by your ignorance of and/or refusal to comply with usenet protocal. Not to mention using WebTV, HTML, sigs and delimiters, etc.
As far as your suggestion to use Cmd/A goes, most people use computers to read and post to usenet. There being no "Cmd" key on computers, it would appear that you don't know how to use them. _____________

Why in the world would anyone do that??
--

dadiOH
____________________________

to capitalize A Bitch. These grammar rules get so confusing.
--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
(Jack) wrote:

obvious; think about it: what color is the text that *you* see?) The anomaly is that you see it on a black background, whereas most of the rest of the universe sees it on a white background. If you want your posts to be read by the widest audience possible, then you should use black text on a white background.
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 01:09:53 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

They should be plain text. Anything else gets skipped.
--WebTV-Mail-17294-16364 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
"They should be plain text. Anything else gets skipped."
There you go. Great idea.
--WebTV-Mail-17294-16364 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-17294-16364--
--WebTV-Mail-3944-12661 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
Jack wrote: snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com I am not going to change anything for one jerk that can not hit Cmd/A Do you mean Ctrl + A maybe? I you are on a PC there must be a way to read the post, or you really do not care? Right. Appently you don't either. -- I said Cmd and I meant Cmd.
You are right I do not care. It is a simple thing to take my sig off but I choose not to.
--WebTV-Mail-3944-12661 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
--WebTV-Mail-3944-12661--
Jack wrote:

That explains all then - you have a key that nobody else has.
Must be a <snicker> WebTV thing.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Jack wrote:

Jackie, I have forgotten more about computers than you will ever know.

Might as well, nothing worthwhile in them. I wouldn't bother skipping them, though, I'd just house you in the bozo bin.
--

dadiOH

Yes, no one has a CMD key.

Dadioh, you're quoting a second post of Jack's I didn't get, in one thread. And I just re-retrieved my last 5000 posts, so it's not in there. Strange, since I can go 6 months now without missing a post in any thread I read.
mm wrote:

Blame it on WebTV :)
--

dadiOH

Many news servers will not propagate messages with HTML or images in them. That's another REALLY good reason to post in plain text ONLY. By posting in HTML, or including images, you guarantee that far fewer people will ever see your post.