new roof, min temperature to allow replacement

Just how cool can it get outside before I should wait until next summer. Contractor says can do roof in the cold. I would think the shingles would crack/shatter at some point. Comments please. Thanks
We would roof 'til it became too cold for us, not the materials. Tom
this_is_so_over_done wrote:

I had my roof done on February with -15 c. We used the "gum" specific to winter application. No problems at all. In March (left over shingles stored outside under a tarp) were used to roof a new shed - no problems.