New Roof

Had new roof installed, 32 squares 3 tab asphalt on a ranch style house.
10 men on the job, total tear off, new ice and water barrier on entire perimeter, 9 new vents, closed valley install.
Started at 7:00AM finished at 11:30 and gone, yard cleaned, and nail raked.
Had light hail that evening, ain't that a bitch!
Tom
twfsa wrote:

Wow. That is fast!
My new roof (52 square concrete tile) on a 5:12 pitch ranch took a lot longer but I only had six guys working on it, plus a supervisor who mostly stood around and ate doughnuts. I took out their breaks and lunch times. They cleaned up after every day's work, so there wasn't much final cleanup to do.
Day 1 - 10 hours 3 trucks tear off old roof and haul away, remove gutters, repair rotted fascia board (20'), install protective plywood for pool screens Day 2/3 - 17 hours replace 3 pieces 4x8 damaged sheating, renail all sheathing 6" OC (gables and edges 4" OC), install new flashing and new edge metal, apply secondary waterproofing (like ice 'n water shield) over entire roof Day 4 - 7 hours dry in base sheet nailed every 6" OC with 1 5/8" tin caps, counterflash chimney, install new vents w/dampers Day 5/6 - 12 hours install modified bitumen cap sheet with 25 lbs/hot asphalt/square Day 7/8/9 - 22 hours install 52 square concrete tile with Polyfoam 2-part epoxy adhesive (cut tile for closed valleys). Mortar bird stop formed in place. Day 9 - 4 hours sweep roof, replace damaged pool screens (contractor), general clean up.
Cost was about $470 / square. How much was your 3-tab shingle roof?
Every thing $6200.00
Tom

twfsa wrote:

$193 / square. That's a good price for 3-tab shingle, at least where I live.

And your point is???????
Did the hail damage the roof or what?

It was about 1981 when Bostich made a new roofing nailer. They were a customer of mine and I worked on some of the packaging for the nailer. They told me a crew normally could do two houses a day of your type. Guess it still holds true.
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

He's merely commenting about his new roof and the time it took to do it. You have very little comprehension.

Did he say it did? Did he ask for help about a hail damaged roof? Why does it matter? You couldn't help him if it did.