New Propane Cylinder Hazard

Hi all,
If you use those large white exchangeable propane cylinders, here's a new hazard to be aware of:
http://www.npga.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageidR9
Brass (or most any alloy containing copper) and ammonia don't play well together...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_cracking
Erik
On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 22:48:30 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking, Erik

In my opinion, not a problem that you are actually likely to encounter, unless you are buying a used tank from some sleazebag drug dealer on a street corner.
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/methtank.asp

I agree its unlikely to actually get a damaged tank, but there's probably more meth cooking in your area (in any area) than you might think.
Dave
Old news and not likely to happen.