New product from Home Depot

Home depot now carrys curved drywall in all thickness

Reply to
mark Ransley

Curved drywall sounds bad and I bet most DIY'ers look for only the straight pieces for their perfect job. However, some custom builders lay the drywall over boards on the ends to MAKE it curve before installing. The convex side goes against the wall.

Reply to
Tomcat14

You can do something similar with wood if the grain is even. Wet one side with a damp rag and place the dry side in the sun or near a radiator. It's a way of designing your own furniture panels if you are into that sort of thing.

If you were making door panels for example you would have to ensure the frame would hold it from returning. It sounds like a lot of work. I have never tried it as when I get home I leave my job behind me. It can look good though.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

that to new at home depot now If theyed only make curved screwdrivers and screws it would all fit

Reply to
mark Ransley

Just to clarify on the curved drywall being OK. The curved drywall is used when it is glued to the studs and a minimum of screws are used on the ends. You don't expect your supplier to sell pre-curved gypsum. That's just poor storage.

Reply to
Tomcat14