New Power Drop

The doofus that built a house I bought had a 200 amp panel put in for an all electric house. We are at the maximum of what will run off this panel.
I want to add a casita, and a shop.
So, I need to run a 400 amp service from the pole to a panel that will feed the casita and shop. Distance from pole to said box is about 150'.
What size cable would I run from the pole to the 400 amp box?
Steve
SteveB wrote:

No shit, Einstein. And in the meantime before I bring him in, I'm just fishing for answers to get an idea of the cost.
Steve
Steve,
If you want to determine the cost ask several electricians to give you estimates. Stop the attitude. You've already called someone an "Einstein" and someone a doofus for no reason.
Dave M.
SteveB wrote:

Your best bet is to talk to the utility company or local electrical contractors as service work is done completely differently across the country. For example, in my area, the utility company owns and installs the drop, and for a residential 400 amp service they may use 1/0 depending upon calculated load. How have you determined that the 200 amp service is inadequate?