New Power Drop

Ask the licensed electrician who will do the work.

Reply to
CJT

The doofus that built a house I bought had a 200 amp panel put in for an all electric house. We are at the maximum of what will run off this panel.

I want to add a casita, and a shop.

So, I need to run a 400 amp service from the pole to a panel that will feed the casita and shop. Distance from pole to said box is about 150'.

What size cable would I run from the pole to the 400 amp box?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

No shit, Einstein. And in the meantime before I bring him in, I'm just fishing for answers to get an idea of the cost.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Your best bet is to talk to the utility company or local electrical contractors as service work is done completely differently across the country. For example, in my area, the utility company owns and installs the drop, and for a residential 400 amp service they may use 1/0 depending upon calculated load. How have you determined that the 200 amp service is inadequate?

Reply to
RBM

Steve,

If you want to determine the cost ask several electricians to give you estimates. Stop the attitude. You've already called someone an "Einstein" and someone a doofus for no reason.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Why would someone be a "doofus" if they installed what worked for them?

Reply to
George

You could ask him that, too.

Reply to