New Pool Filter?

I'm looking to Replace my Pool filter. Not sure what we have now, or how big it is. I do know its a DE based filter. Though the pool is an in-ground Fiberglass insert. its 15,000-20,000 gallons.
Any Suggestions on a Filter and or type? Seems like I've seen quite a few of the sphere kind.
Thanks, Scott<-
Scott Townsend writes:

Cartridge if you want cheapest up-front, maintenance chores for moderate performance.
Sand if you want ease of use, moderate performance and a little more cost.
DE if you want the most expense and labor, but sparkling performance.
I was hoping that the DE were Old School. (-; Its a pain to take out all those fins and spray them off...
Thanks!

Scott Townsend writes:

Quite so. Out of fashion these days, but works better than the current stuff. To be truly retro, you need a stainless steel canister DE.
Hey! That's what I have!!! With the Huge O Ring that you could almost use as a floating Device. Something like 3' tall and 1.5' around, some pressure thing on top, something like 8 fins in it...
It looks old and decrepit. The Stainless is less the perfect and the fins are starting to break on the edges.
Thanks, Scott<-

Scott Townsend writes:

You are hereby awarded full bragging rights.