new opener or replace remotes?

I have an old Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener.

The model is 139.53615SR, mfg 11/91

the remotes are worn out

Is there a place to get a cheap remote - need 2?

or time to buy a new unit?

Reply to
kansascats

I put the model # in an Ebay search, and also searched Amazon. There are a bunch of replacement remotes on Ebay, a couple on Amazon. Most are under $20.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

where I buy all my remotes

DD_BobK

I second this recommendation. I've got a twenty-some year old opener from a company that's no longer in business. When the remotes wore out these folks helped me identify which model I had and supplied replacements, guaranteeing a return if they didn't work. They worked just fine.

Reply to
Hell Toupee

I'll 3rd that. Ebay and Google are really your friends. Yesterday I decided to buy the dresser that goes with the bed I purchased last year. Well, you guessed it, it is no longer made. So, I Googled the manufacturer's name and number on the bed, and I got a whole bunch of useful hits. I purchased the dresser from a place in Utah but had it warehoused in Florida ... I live in NC. They said free shipping, but only gave me a price after doing some calculating. But it was a good price and should arrive later this week or early next week. "This Internet stuff will never catch on!"

Reply to
Art Todesco

I found a simple one-button for about $8 at aspdoors - 61LM model -- hope it works. Seemed to check out.

Reply to
kansascats