new opener or replace remotes?

I have an old Craftsman 1/2 hp garage door opener.
The model is 139.53615SR, mfg 11/91
the remotes are worn out
Is there a place to get a cheap remote - need 2?
or time to buy a new unit?
kansascats wrote:

I put the model # in an Ebay search, and also searched Amazon. There are a bunch of replacement remotes on Ebay, a couple on Amazon. Most are under $20.

where I buy all my remotes
http://www.1stdooropeners.com /
On 3/29/2011 2:06 AM, DD_BobK wrote:

I second this recommendation. I've got a twenty-some year old opener from a company that's no longer in business. When the remotes wore out these folks helped me identify which model I had and supplied replacements, guaranteeing a return if they didn't work. They worked just fine.
On 3/29/2011 10:32 AM, Hell Toupee wrote:

I decided to buy the dresser that goes with the bed I purchased last year. Well, you guessed it, it is no longer made. So, I Googled the manufacturer's name and number on the bed, and I got a whole bunch of useful hits. I purchased the dresser from a place in Utah but had it warehoused in Florida ... I live in NC. They said free shipping, but only gave me a price after doing some calculating. But it was a good price and should arrive later this week or early next week. "This Internet stuff will never catch on!"
I found a simple one-button for about $8 at aspdoors - 61LM model -- hope it works. Seemed to check out.