new nieghbor..cat pooh problem

No lid on it? Open bins?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Just a couple of hugh piles of mixed fall leaf shreddings and lawnmower clippings I keep in the far corner of my yard. I let time and the worms do all the work, and if I get the urge, or see an immediate need for finished product, I'll spend a little time every couple of weeks turning it to accelerate the process.

I have 1 of a 10 "shrub spray" sprinkler zone out there just to keep it moist. comes on for 45 minutes 2x a week. But the cats (mine and I'm sure others) love to do there business in it, and their "business" doesn't seem to break down, ever.

I've learned NOT to assume any lumps in the finished product can be broken up by hand... ;-)

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

You might want to look into a couple of those heavy duty brown plastic bins. Addressing the current issue, the ones I had did a fine job of keeping animals out - the lids are quite heavy. And, I know we had raccoons.

The bins also serve another purpose. Because the hold the sun's heat, they add almost another 2-3 months to the composting process, at least here in upstate NY.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Yes. Poo on the shoe makes me angry.

Reply to
jriegle

Thanks to all for the links, et.

I have decided to go with the product that sprays the animal if it comes on my property.

I came to this decision, because I am not ready for a fence, and from all of your replies, I made a guess that it is not the cat, and not the deer doing this. There are 2 dogs that like to come out and run around, but only one that I see unattended. If I see it again, I will take a pic and ask the kids in the area who's dog it is. Reguardless, I hope that the water spray will do the job, as I had to pick up another pile of pooh Thur. morning. YUK!!!

Anyway, I will post how it goes, and thanks again for your repies, as I do believe it helped me to see what the true problem is.

God bless, KJ

P.S. By the way, Curt, that link:

is not working. If you can tell me what the product is, or check on the link, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

God bless, KJ

Reply to
KJ1

Murder the dog. Please. Dog owners have been getting away with this nonsense for way too long.

Reply to
Doug Kanter