New newsgroup proposal

Page 2 of 2
Bob wrote:

Paul and his subgroup of simpletons were in alt.hvac long before you came along and they are going to be there long after you are gone. They are hacks who don't even know the electrical requirements of the very equipment that they "install". Has it ever occured to you that they can't provide HVAC advice either? Learn to ignore the assholes. BTW, I took your advice and crossposted this to alt.hvac for the participation and enjoyment of all.
He doesn't bother me, I put him in my blocked sender list. You may be right that he doesn't know a thing about HVAC. He claims to know everything about everything, which is a mark of someone with low self-esteem. I've done some checking, and apparently he's done that kind of stuff all over the internet for a long time. Maybe he thinks it's funny and harmless, but there are so many people who strongly dislike him, that it's surprising he hasn't pissed off some nut by now. With today's technology it's very easy to find someone, so apparently he doesn't have any family that he cares about.

Uhh Ohh. Sounds like big bad Bob is making a threat to Pauls family? Too bad Bob. You couldnt find Pauls house if he gave you the address. Kind of like how you wouldnt know how to correctly fix anything in the hvac field if someone held your hand through the whole process. Hey Bob.........You suck. Bubba
There is already an alt.hvac pro-series.moderated
It gets absolutely ZERO traffic.
Which, to me, demonstrates that the self proclaimed "Paul & pals professional pricks" have zero interest in an actual forum for "professionals" and instead like to demonstrate their ignorance by picking on anyone who asks a question in alt.hvac.
If they want to use it, and avoid the folks whom they describe as "homeowner assholes", the "professionals" already have an exclusive forum.
Establishing an "alt.hvac.advice" forum will only give the "Paul & pals professional pricks" another venue to spew their foolishness.
If the problem you perceive is to be resolved, the "Paul & pals professional pricks" need to move over to "alt.hvac pro-series.moderated"; the regular folks need to mercilessly "kill file" in alt.hvac the "Paul & pals professional pricks"; and regular folks need to use alt.hvac for any and all homewowner questions.
--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
Bob,
You can create a "moderated" newsgroup that might meet your needs. Here's how it works. All posts are automatically sent to a moderator first, who then decides which ones actually appear on the newsgroup for others to see. Obviously someone (you or someone with some time) must fill this role. There are many moderated groups and they tend to be spam and "bullshit" free. They usually have the word "moderated" in there title. If you use Outlook Express as your newsreader, you can search on "moderated" and find some.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.config/browse_frm/thread/ba5fcf5a9134b85d/240357a957372642?hl=en#240357a957372642