New Light Fitting doesn't have a terminal for a "LOOP" wire.

I am currently installing new light fittings through out my house (not rewiring)and have had no problems.
Yesterday I have removed the hallway light to replace it with a new downlight (non transformer type) only to discover that instead of the standard 2 groups of wires (+ & - ) this existing fitting has also got an extra wire into another terminal on the block identified as loop ?. The problem is that my new fittings only have positions for a positive and negitive and no extra terminal for a loop ?
Is there a way I can use this fitting or will I have to purchase a different type ?
I have also discovered that all fittings in this half of the house (bedrooms ,bathroom) have the same issue. Being a Mechanic and not a "Cone head"" I'm not sure why half the house is one way and the other half the other. If this becomes to hard I will just hire an electrician next time he's available (I live in a country town).
Thanks in advance.
Cherry wrote:

Perhaps Post to this group:
UK.D-I-Y
Speedy Jim wrote:

Speedy is right there
They are likely the same as Australia using that loop wire system.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit