New Light Fitting doesn't have a terminal for a "LOOP" wire.

I am currently installing new light fittings through out my house (not rewiring)and have had no problems.

Yesterday I have removed the hallway light to replace it with a new downlight (non transformer type) only to discover that instead of the standard 2 groups of wires (+ & - ) this existing fitting has also got an extra wire into another terminal on the block identified as loop ?. The problem is that my new fittings only have positions for a positive and negitive and no extra terminal for a loop ?

Is there a way I can use this fitting or will I have to purchase a different type ?

I have also discovered that all fittings in this half of the house (bedrooms ,bathroom) have the same issue. Being a Mechanic and not a "Cone head"" I'm not sure why half the house is one way and the other half the other. If this becomes to hard I will just hire an electrician next time he's available (I live in a country town).

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Cherry

Perhaps Post to this group:

UK.D-I-Y

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Speedy is right there

They are likely the same as Australia using that loop wire system.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan