New lead paint regulations effective April 22, 2010

This applies to all contractors who do work on properties built before 1978. Since many contractors have not yet heard about this, I thought I would post this here as a new topic.

The following is information on this topic from the National real Estate Investors Association:

NEW LEAD PAINT REGULATIONS

New EPA Lead Regulations will affect Landlords, Renovators, and Investors. There is a new EPA program called "Renovate Right" that takes effect April

22, 2010 and applies to virtually every housing provider and trades contractor in the country, with some narrowly drawn exceptions. The penalty for a single violation can be up to $35,000. There is a lot to know about these new regulations and we encourage you to view the links and documents below:

Read everything and download what you need for printing and study.

Also, the Student Manual and Instructor Manual for the New Lead Paint regulations can be found below.

Student Manual EPA-740-R-09-002 (312 pages):

Instructor Manual EPA-740-R-09-001 (434 pages):

Please feel free to view the following PDF Documents for additional information regarding Lead Paint regulations:

Renovate Right Program Description

Small Entity Compliance Guide to Renovate Right: EPA's Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program

Please do not hesitate to pass this information along. Visit the National REIA Library for more information.

Reply to
Jay-T

(This is a re-post of the prior message - hopefully with the last two links correctly posted this time)

[...]

's%20Lead%20Based%20Paint%20Renovation,%20Repair,%20and%20Painting%20Program.pdf

Small Entity Compliance Guide to Renovate Right: EPA's Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair, and Painting Program

Please do not hesitate to pass this information along. Visit the National REIA Library for more information.

Jay-T wrote:

Reply to
Jay-T

I don't have time to read all that lawyer crap. Does that mean we can't cover up lead paint with vinyl siding?

Reply to
LSMFT

No, it doesn't mean you cannot cover up lead paint with vinyl siding.

Since you don't want to read all that lawyer crap, here is the movie version:

It is a link to 16 short videos about the new lead-based paint renovation rules. The link is from the National Association of Realtors website.

Reply to
Jay-T