New kitchen floor

I am interested in putting wood into our kitchen, dinette, mudroom (rooms flow together). We have had ceramics there for the past 18 years and are looking for a change. What should I be looking out for? Good idea, bad? Interested in your thoughts.
--
Edee Em
I know the truth is out there, but I like to stay in....