new inspector taking over a termite warranty?

I pay the termite inspector $125 for a warranty. Yow. I'd like to send the business to a different termite company, possibly for a lower cost. Is a different company likely to be willing to take over the warranty?
Em wrote:

I'd like to hear of an instance where a termite warranty actually paid off. TREATMENT is important, sure - but has a warranty claim ever been paid?
The way I read the brand X warranty, it leaves them all kinds of outs.

No. The second company doesn't know whether the first company did the treatment correctly, and therefore wouldn't want the liability. Think of it as trying to take your Ford to a Toyota dealer for warranty service.

I made claims three times. The first time, it was simply to remove wood siding too close to the ground. Price: free (the company should have done this during their initial treatment). The second time -- with a different company (the first company was exposed in the media as never having actually treating homes, but only pretending to do so) -- there was no visible damage, so they re-treated for free. The third time, there was damage they repaired for free and then re-treated the area and up to 20 feet around it for free.
JohnH wrote:

My neighbor had lots of walls in her house replaced under her warranty.

Sure, for about $125.
:) I pay the termite inspector $125 for a warranty. :) Yow. :) I'd like to send the business to a different termite company, possibly for a :) lower cost. :) Is a different company likely to be willing to take over the warranty? :)
More times than not, no on a new company taking over a warranty. I have taken over some warranties that other companies worked, but all were only covered for retreatment rather than damage repair and had a stipulation that if termites did show up within two years there would be a cost for a spot treatment. $125 is the average cost of a warranty so if you did find someone to take over the contract it might not be much of a savings.
Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
Dancing dog is back! http://media.ebaumsworld.com/smartdog.wmv