New Illinios Law Requires Photo ID To Buy Drain Cleaner

Ebonics. It's what they teach you in the US - yes?

Reply to
Home Guy

Kennesaw, Georgia. It wasn't tossed, it's still the law. You didn't have to BUY a particular firearm, but each head of household was required to have one handy. There were exceptions for religious reasons. The law went into effect in 1982 and, since then, Kennesaw has not recorded a murder, forcible rape, or felonious mopery. Kennesaw has the lowest crime rate in Cobb county.

There are compelling arguments on both sides. Inasmuch as a firearm is constitutionally protected, property rights must yield in the same way a mall cannot prohibit colored people, women, athiests, or those who merely smell funny. (Not sure about the last.)

Reply to
HeyBub

[snip]

Three thoughts come to mind:

1.a. The law was sponsored by a Democrat, yet it is the Democratic Party's mantra that a government-issued ID is discriminatory. 1.b. There is no provision in the law to accommodate those who do not have and cannot get a picture ID. They're screwed.

  1. If innocent citizens are being plagued by caustic chemical attacks, how about allowing these private citizens to go about their comings and goings while armed? Illinois is the only state that does not permit concealed carry of a handgun. By anybody.

  2. The occasional (rare?) attack by caustic chemical criminals is, regrettably, the price we must pay for unfettered ability to have a clean drain. I've never heard of anybody, looking at a very slow drain, saying to himself: "I must endure this so that some uppity women can do their uppityness unmolested."
Reply to
HeyBub

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:jeahhi$914$1 @dont-email.me:

Indeed. A friend of a friend moved to somewhere near Atlanta and was informed of such a law there too, more recent than 1982. He was informed the law was still on the books but it wasn't enforced. Very nice guy (and very nice wife) but you have never seen anyone who seemed less likely to handle a firearm properly.

Reply to
Han

"HeyBub" wrote in news:PLGdnb7Undd3a5XSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Like pseudoephedrine, lye (drain cleaner) is needed to make crystal meth etc. For pseudoephedrine-containing meds such as Zyrtec-D you need to show your drivers license which gets recorded with the quantoty of pseudoephedrine you're buying. Only so much per week is allowed, meaning you 2 for the price of 1 coupons are worthless.

Reply to
Han

Just another diversity language, eh? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Teddy Kennedy's car has molested more women than my drain.

.

  1. The occasional (rare?) attack by caustic chemical criminals is, regrettably, the price we must pay for unfettered ability to have a clean drain. I've never heard of anybody, looking at a very slow drain, saying to himself: "I must endure this so that some uppity women can do their uppityness unmolested."
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Old Ted drowned more women than either of us. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hey, just keep voting for the democrats and republicans. In a few more years America will be more communistic that the Soviet Union ever was. Either vote for an independent candidate in November, or dont vote at all. (Unless you want all your freedoms taken away).

Reply to
jw

There is something even more deadly. A man's penis. Just think how dangerous that thing is. It can be used to poke out someones eyes, stabbed into their chest to puncture their heart, used to smother someone by shoving it down their throat, rip open someones rectum, deafen someone by forcing it in their ears, and worst of all, it can be used to make a woman get really fat around 9 months later.

I say the government should ban all penises, and require they be removed from all babies at birth, as well as mandatory removal from all adults. We cant allow these deadly weapons to remain in society any longer.

Reply to
jw

Or the "patriot act" which has been renewed a number of times with both "teams" holding hands.

Things aren't going to change unless folks wake up and realize the red vs blue team circus is just to keep everyone distracted.

Reply to
George

I believe it is the "patriot act" which is periodically renewed by the democrats and republicans solidly working together that requires that.

They did the same thing here but also no fingerprints required.

Reply to
George

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Pretty soon the government will make it a felony to plug up your drains.

They are trying to control everthing else.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

I always thought The Patriot Act was Republicans giving Democrats another tool to use to destroy the country whenever they got into power. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

But that's where most of a man's brains reside! o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You said I was great at "inventing facts." What facts did I invent? Come on, that should be easy.

You went even further by calling me a liar ("...More lies. You never..."). What lies did I assert?

What facts did I invent? What lies?

The crowd holds its breath.

Reply to
HeyBub

I said NOTHING about rising or falling crime rate. That is entirely your fabrication.

So what? How much greater would crime be rising if gun ownership was NOT mandatory? I tried to make the point that Kennesaw STILL has the lowest crime rate in the county - and that's irrespective of the rise or fall of the crime rate.

Fool. Show me a lie or an invented fact in my post. Come on, dipswitch, validate your claim.

Reply to
HeyBub

snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I know what kind of damage we used to do with socks full of sidewalk chalk.

Halloween was a bit more, shall we say, "aggressive", when I was a kid.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The Patriot Act was a collection of some 30-odd amendments to existing law (i.e., nothing new). What provision(s) of the Act do you find troubling?

Reply to
HeyBub

This may be related to it being regulated in some areas and not others. Generally it is easier to do something nationwide than it is to try and figure out which place it is legal and which it isn't.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman