New Illinios Law Requires Photo ID To Buy Drain Cleaner

As was the attack on WTC and Pentagon. One led to the other and I don't think it would have mattered very much who was in the Oval Office.

It matters to those suffering with BDS.
On Sat, 7 Jan 2012 06:57:56 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Hey, just keep voting for the democrats and republicans. In a few more years America will be more communistic that the Soviet Union ever was. Either vote for an independent candidate in November, or dont vote at all. (Unless you want all your freedoms taken away).

Eggs have been used to harm people and property too. People buying eggs should have to sign for them. When I was in school a century ago, a kid was savagely attacked with a pencil and it broke the skin. Pencils are dangerous weapons and should only be sold to licensed people with a real need to use them..
This is pathetic and sets a dangerous precedent to our freedom being taken away.
First, we must establish if pencils have legitimate sporting purpose?
Eggs have been used to harm people and property too. People buying eggs should have to sign for them. When I was in school a century ago, a kid was savagely attacked with a pencil and it broke the skin. Pencils are dangerous weapons and should only be sold to licensed people with a real need to use them..
This is pathetic and sets a dangerous precedent to our freedom being taken away.
On 1/7/2012 10:23 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I always thought banning wet floors and icy roads would be a good thing...
Unfortunately the pathetic defense goes something like "well you already need to produce an ID card to do "x" as if that is a good thing.

In high school In the 40's a kid stuck me in the buttocks and I had to go to the school nurse to have the broken piece removed. Also last year had to show ID to purchase Acetone or MEK don't recall which one at Ace Hardware because had something to do with people making some type of drugs. Everyone at the store knows me, but they must keep records of those sales. WW

Yet we can't ask for photo-ID for voting.....insane.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Apparently not in your state, but there are laws requiring photo ID to vote in others...

There is something even more deadly. A man's penis. Just think how dangerous that thing is. It can be used to poke out someones eyes, stabbed into their chest to puncture their heart, used to smother someone by shoving it down their throat, rip open someones rectum, deafen someone by forcing it in their ears, and worst of all, it can be used to make a woman get really fat around 9 months later.
I say the government should ban all penises, and require they be removed from all babies at birth, as well as mandatory removal from all adults. We cant allow these deadly weapons to remain in society any longer.
On 1/8/2012 4:12 AM, snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

But that's where most of a man's brains reside! o_O
TDD

I know what kind of damage we used to do with socks full of sidewalk chalk.
Halloween was a bit more, shall we say, "aggressive", when I was a kid.
On 1/7/2012 9:27 AM, Home Guy wrote:

We are trying to catch up to to say Canada's numerous and extensive gun control restrictions.
George wrote:

You know, we probably don't have that many restrictions on long guns (firearms mainly used for hunting that is).
But at least we don't have to show ID to buy Sudafed (pseudoephedrine).
And our highways, railway, bus and subway stations don't have federal agents who compel you to submit to their searches or else you don't travel.
And we don't provide fingerprints to get drivers licenses.

To renew my FL drivers license,I had to provided a certified copy of my birth cert,ORIGINAL SS card(no laminating it),and two forms of proof of residence such as electric bill,etc.
I was checked out better than Comrade Obama when he ran for POTUS.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 1/7/2012 1:05 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

I believe it is the "patriot act" which is periodically renewed by the democrats and republicans solidly <cough> working together that requires that.
They did the same thing here but also no fingerprints required.
Home Guy wrote:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/01/05/new-law-requires-photo-id-to-buy-drain-cleaner /
OK, the news media makes their living selling commercial time, to sell that they have to have viewers, crying mothers are good for grabbing viewers so that is what they do at least per newscast..., then the public demands something ought to be done about what caused the mom to bawl her eyes out on the 6PM news,... and soon there is another new law. With this latest Shotgun Sarah news don't be surprised if can get a law requiring single mom's to have a double barrel 12 gauge in their trailer home. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/04/teen-mom-shoots-kills-intruder-with-11-dispatcher-on-phone /
"Mr. Austerity" <"PrintMo.Money "> wrote:

Actually it had been tried as a city in the 80s tried pass an ordinance that everybody had to buy a firearm (don't recall right off which kind) or pay a fine. That was tossed (quite rightly) because you also have a right to not own a firearm under the second amendment. Another reason I don't like the laws that say private property owners like malls must let people carry whether they want them to or not.
On 1/7/2012 11:55 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Kennesaw, Georgia in 1982, not "everyone" was required to own a gun. You can read a bit about it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia#Gun_law
TDD

Indeed. A friend of a friend moved to somewhere near Atlanta and was informed of such a law there too, more recent than 1982. He was informed the law was still on the books but it wasn't enforced. Very nice guy (and very nice wife) but you have never seen anyone who seemed less likely to handle a firearm properly.
--
Best regards
Han