new HVAC not cooling

Page 3 of 3
On Jun 9, 4:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you had 2 ton and it cooled you fine before why did he want to put in a more expensive 2.5 ton and why did you agree to it, a larger unit will run less, but remove less humidity and that you didnt want, but to the point of cooling something must be wrong on the install if you are sure you had 2 ton before and it cooled better. The new larger unit wont remove as much humidity since it will run less, if it was put in right.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 9, 4:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did you pull a permit, is one required in your area, what does the contract say because inspectors help by checking work for free. If I had a non performing , wrongly oversized AC that will now leave me more humid I would make the installer put in the right unit, I bet he didnt do a load calc in writing, which is to your benefit if you did have 2 ton before, You hired a crooked hack if he oversized you, as you state you cooled before with 2 ton.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 14:11:17 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did the guy come back and checkthe refrigerant level? If not, call him and keep calling.
When we bought a new system years ago, they turned it on and left. It never cooled worth a damn and I could never get them back out to check it. When they set it up originally, the guy said somebody would be back out to check it and get the freon level right. That person never came. A couple of years later I got somebody else out who found the thing was quite low, and once that was fixed it worked much better.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A couple of things you can check. 1. I figure when they upgraded you to a 2.5-ton from a 2-ton condensing unit they replaced the evaporator coil. If so, look around the system and see if you have any air leaks. 2. The system may have never been charged properly in the first place. I would have another service tech out from another company come out double check their work and see if you need further work. Just have him check the system, labor only, and if he finds problems then contact the company that did the work.
--
Moe Jones
http://www.MoeJones.info