new HVAC not cooling

Page 2 of 3
or so you've been told anyway.....

So you dont care if you were scammed and paid for something not delivered or at spec! You paid extra for that R 50, alot extra, your house can now be sold and rated "Energy Star", load calculations are based on that, as what you pay to heat and cool, for the buildings life may not be what you bought.
On Fri 13 Jun 2008 12:04:23p, ransley told us...

We didn't pay an upgrade for this. The home was originally quoted and priced with this included, and the price was well within the price range of homes that had lesser insulation, so I don't feel that we were scammed. Whatever they used seems to perform well, and our heating and cooling costs are less than the home we had before, which was of comparable size.
--
Wayne Boatwright
He lied. It takes about a foot of cellulose in an attic to get R-49. There's no way to get it in a wall.
wrote in message

I'd run this question over on >alt.hvac< Lots of professionals on there, I think you'll get good answer. Mike
">alt.hvac<" ?? is that a website? I'd like to get that level of help for myproblem, too

It's a newsgroup just like this one. "alt." should tell you that.
Red Green wrote in message ...

NO, it's not a newsgroup just like this one, though it is a newsgroup. This one has nice, helpful people posting, that one doesn't.
Cheri
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in

Oh, thanks for the clarification Cheri. That was nice & helpful :-)
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message

I probably should have posted a warning (it did cross my mind). I still think they would get him a good answer. It's like like much of Usenet, a bunch of good people and then a couple that seem to get their self esteem by calling other people names and ridiculing them for not knowing the answer to their question. Thanks, Mike Mike

Don't do it, unless you like to be abused. :-)
Cheri

Mike
amdx wrote:

Don't waste your time with alt.hvac; it's a newsgroup filled with also-rans who take out their frustrations on "homemoaners" ;)
I haven't visited hvac-talk.com in quite a while but the following forum there, frequented by HVAC pros helpful to homeowners, likely would be a good source of info:
http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1

I think his questions is good for aly.hvac. The pros don't like it when another one does a poor installation. They will tell him what needs to be done. Mike
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Got a thermometer? Put it in front of the AC air intake. Record the number.
Now put the thermometer in an outlet vent. Record the number.
That's the 20 degrees difference he's talking about. Outside temperature is irrelevant.
Even if it's 100 outside, you should be able to cool your inside to astonishingly low temperatures (given suitable insulation, leakproofing, etc.). I've seen ice storage sheds keep blocks frozen with a piddly 1/4 ton window unit (and two feet of cork on the walls, ceiling, and floor).
Now *IF* you get a 20 differential AND you still can't cool below 76, then the heat's getting IN faster than the AC can pump it OUT (insulation, open doors, etc.).
2.5 ton is not big enough for 1500 sq. ft. Unless you have very high dollar windows and are super insulated with 6" walls. Should have been 3 or even 3.5 ton.

I mean, our old unit cooled the house fine

But a 2 ton did the job before. I do my 2000 sq. ft. house with 2 1/2 ton no problem.
I totally missed that input point. Strike my reply as non-valid.
steve

we have 3 ton and space pack cooling a 3500 sq ft 90 yr old original window, poorly to non insulated all original leaker. It was even guarnteed in writing by the installer to give a 30f drop which it exceeded when it reached 113f here in chgo after it was installed 20 years ago. I dont know where you get your numbers.