New Hot Water Heater

How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be installed ?
Postal68 wrote:

That's like asking someone how much does a book cost?
Learn how to better define the parameters of your questions fella...
Are you asking, "installation only" or "purchase and installation"?
In a home or on the 24th floor of a downtown condo building?
Where is it located, in Manhattan or in McCook, Nebraska?
Is it replacing an existing heater, and if so is it the same size?
Try again please...
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Postal68 wrote:

Just replaced an 80 gal. with a 40 gal. Tank and installation along with removal.....$600.00.

why go smaller the marginal cost of larger isnt much and lots of hot water have wonderful advantages
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

They didn't say what the fuel was but a 40 gal NG fueled heater is plenty for an average family.

electric has less than 1/2 the recovery of natural gas.

electric has less than 1/2 the recovery of natural gas.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Wasn't my choice, it was the customers choice based on the amount of hot water they use. If you don't use it why heat it?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Wasn't my choice, it was the customers choice based on the amount of hot water they use. If you don't use it why heat it?
If you can pick it up yourself you might as well replace it too. Pick up an appliance dolly and appropriate wrenches while you are at it. Just remember to turn off the electrical breaker and water, drain the hot water and double check the electric is off once you get the panel off the old heater.
Postal68 wrote:

In all seriousness, the hardest part of installing an electric heater is hauling the old one out and the new one in.
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

It appears that you live by what your signature states....You, sir, are rude!!!
Call Home Depot and ask.
Postal68 wrote:

Their $250 installation quickly turns into $400!!! Cost me $700 or soo for a 40 gal gas heater.
Stubby wrote:

Exactly why I posted here first.