New Hot Water Heater

How much should it cost for a new electric hot water heater to be installed ?

Reply to
Postal68

That's like asking someone how much does a book cost?

Learn how to better define the parameters of your questions fella...

Are you asking, "installation only" or "purchase and installation"?

In a home or on the 24th floor of a downtown condo building?

Where is it located, in Manhattan or in McCook, Nebraska?

Is it replacing an existing heater, and if so is it the same size?

Try again please...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Call Home Depot and ask.

Postal68 wrote:

Reply to
Stubby

Sorry, a single home, easy access in Laundry Room. electric tank, 40 gallon, replacement.

Should I purchase and pick it up myself? Or should I let the installer?

I was looking to see what installation should cost by itself so I don't get raked over the coals.

South Jersey, just outside of Philadelphia

Reply to
Postal68

Just replaced an 80 gal. with a 40 gal. Tank and installation along with removal.....$600.00.

Reply to
paul.flansburg

It appears that you live by what your signature states....You, sir, are rude!!!

Reply to
paul.flansburg

Reply to
bigjim

If you can pick it up yourself you might as well replace it too. Pick up an appliance dolly and appropriate wrenches while you are at it. Just remember to turn off the electrical breaker and water, drain the hot water and double check the electric is off once you get the panel off the old heater.

Postal68 wrote:

Reply to
wrkg_onit

why go smaller the marginal cost of larger isnt much and lots of hot water have wonderful advantages

Reply to
hallerb

In all seriousness, the hardest part of installing an electric heater is hauling the old one out and the new one in.

Reply to
Toller

Exactly why I posted here first.

Reply to
Postal68

They didn't say what the fuel was but a 40 gal NG fueled heater is plenty for an average family.

Reply to
George

Wasn't my choice, it was the customers choice based on the amount of hot water they use. If you don't use it why heat it?

Reply to
paul.flansburg

Wasn't my choice, it was the customers choice based on the amount of hot water they use. If you don't use it why heat it?

Reply to
paul.flansburg

electric has less than 1/2 the recovery of natural gas.

Reply to
hallerb