New hazard from gas-powered string trimmers?

Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with a set of safety goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the words "99% Protection From U.V."
Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet radiation from a string trimmer? What's my lawnmower been exposing me to? Gamma rays? Isn't anything safe any more?
On Sat, 16 May 2009 18:32:59 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

"Do not use if you cannot see clearly to read the information in the information booklet."

Ultraviolet radiation? I think you are jumping to conclusions.
U.V. stands for Ugly Vines. It's well known in the landscaping world that Ugly Vines can be pretty nasty when cut with a string trimmer.
Wear the goggles, my friend, if not for yourself, then for your family.

Ultraviolet radiation? I think you are jumping to conclusions.
U.V. stands for Ugly Vines. It's well known in the landscaping world that Ugly Vines can be pretty nasty when cut with a string trimmer.
Wear the goggles, my friend, if not for yourself, then for your family.
============= I already discovered that after having my eyeglasses spattered with green slime. Expensive glasses means goggles on.
U.V. is German abbrev. for string trimmer, maybe?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Unmanned Vehicles. If my neighbor's robotic riding mower runs over me while he's watching ESPN, my goggles will provide 99% protection.