New hazard from gas-powered string trimmers?

Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with a set of safety goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the words "99% Protection From U.V."

Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet radiation from a string trimmer? What's my lawnmower been exposing me to? Gamma rays? Isn't anything safe any more?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Do not use if you cannot see clearly to read the information in the information booklet."

Reply to
Oren

Ultraviolet radiation? I think you are jumping to conclusions.

U.V. stands for Ugly Vines. It's well known in the landscaping world that Ugly Vines can be pretty nasty when cut with a string trimmer.

Wear the goggles, my friend, if not for yourself, then for your family.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Ultraviolet radiation? I think you are jumping to conclusions.

U.V. stands for Ugly Vines. It's well known in the landscaping world that Ugly Vines can be pretty nasty when cut with a string trimmer.

Wear the goggles, my friend, if not for yourself, then for your family.

I already discovered that after having my eyeglasses spattered with green slime. Expensive glasses means goggles on.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

U.V. is German abbrev. for string trimmer, maybe?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Unmanned Vehicles. If my neighbor's robotic riding mower runs over me while he's watching ESPN, my goggles will provide 99% protection.

Reply to
E Z Peaces