new granite countertop

I recently had a new granite top (Nero Impala) installed and the front edges and inside the sink cut-outs look much duller than the top. Why is that? How can I make it all shine the same? The installer said it would shine the same after it all dries out. He was full of sh*t.

it is tough to find good (honest) help these days.

any info on how to make it all look the same would be appreciated.

Reply to
Honkey Kong

the installer didnt polish it , it takes diamond imbedded wheels to do it, a big job.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
nospambob

Yep. Unpolished granite looks very dull - it's what you'll see in monuments, statues, etc. There's also a "matte" finish that's halfway between polished and unpolished, but presumably if he'd gone to the trouble of doing that, he'd have mentioned it.

Reply to
Jay Levitt