new granite countertop

I recently had a new granite top (Nero Impala) installed and the front edges and inside the sink cut-outs look much duller than the top. Why is that? How can I make it all shine the same? The installer said it would shine the same after it all dries out. He was full of sh*t.
it is tough to find good (honest) help these days.
any info on how to make it all look the same would be appreciated.
the installer didnt polish it , it takes diamond imbedded wheels to do it, a big job.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net says...

Yep. Unpolished granite looks very dull - it's what you'll see in monuments, statues, etc. There's also a "matte" finish that's halfway between polished and unpolished, but presumably if he'd gone to the trouble of doing that, he'd have mentioned it.
--
Jay Levitt |
Wellesley, MA | Hi!