New Grainger catalog

Problem is that new phone books keep appearing so even if you notify the one who left it on your front sidewalk someone else will throw one there next year. I want zero phone books since we never ever use them.

Reply to
George

You will find that a very large number of folks who must keep such enterprises running have a smartphone on their belt and likely an aircard in their notebook.

Reply to
George

I like Grainger, but since I am not in business, they won't sell to me. At times, when I couldn't find an item any place else, I would lie to them and tell them I worked for the school district, or some such thing, but I hate to do that. I wish I could buy there.

Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob-tx

Call each company when an ad brick is left by that company. Explain that you did not request the ad brick, that you refuse the ad brick, and that you refuse to allow any agents of the ad brick company to trespass onto your property (except to retrieve the ad brick they have just left).

Do this for each company (three or four, generally, in an area).

No more ad bricks.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

ROFL...

Umm... Smart phone ? Notebook... ROFL...

What planet are you from, maybe in Fortune 500 companies where they have managers and executives who don't ever touch a tool or fix anything who work to support the facilities maintenance aspect of their operation, but at 99.9999% of the institutional facilities out there the maintenance workers get a two-way radio, maybe a cell phone (sometimes a Nextel) and access to a computer in the office which needs both power and comm to operate... A LOT of things are ordered out of printed catalogs still to this day by the greasy people who actually do the work even in the digital age...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

just print yourself a fake business card, and pay cash.

its all a ruse grainger reps have asked me can we use your account for someone who cant buy here they are paying cash, thats fine by me.....

Reply to
hallerb

Earth, circa 2011 AD. Times are changing. Smaller guys are typically more technologically nimble because they need to be and the fact that they are small often lets them make their own choices without meeting some megacorp standard.

I was just working at a facility today that is very much not fortune

500. The staff consists of two people. One guy has a smartphone and the other guy has an aircard in his notebook. They also have a computer in the office.

I am in and out of lots of facilities and it is unusual anymore not to see this.

Reply to
George

You can get around that if you want. I don't run a business per-se, but I do do consulting and freelance work on the side, and that is reported in my tax returns. Faxing them a copy of my schedule C (if I recall the form correctly) was sufficient to get me an account.

Reply to
Pete C.

Just use the book as a convenient source of sheets of paper for your chimney charcoal starter for your BBQ.

Reply to
Pete C.

That only works if the same companies produce the book. We didn't get the "official book" since I canceled home phone service but one came two weeks ago. The others are always from someone new.

Reply to
George

ote:

Weird...

Must have been a contractor or outsourced vendor maintenance service...

Care to disclose what area this was in, as some places are much more techno-hippie than others...

Still saying that maintenance techs with internet surfing smart phones are rare rather than the typical situation...

Even though you seem to be in a more high tech environ...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan

The two folks are employees of the guy who owns the enterprise.

PA, there is nothing particularly bleeding edge about this area.

Reply to
George