New Generator will not start

Page 2 of 2

Hi it's a pleasure to find another person in Brooklyn trying to go off grid. Being an environmentalist of 22 years I've come across many products that has allowed me to partially be off grid. My goal is to be totally off grid by next year.
Please consider going green with your work.
I found a real simple guide for about $47 that has given me step by step instructions on making my first solar panel that I use to power various items throughout my home. I will be using it for my boiler system this winter so I am extremely excited about that.
The site that I received the information from was featured on an industry review forum title Innovated Assessment Solutions, Inc. Their website is
http://innovatedthinking.com/forumreviewpage
Good luck to you and stay green.
life is great wrote:

You posted the same spam in at least two other news groups
That's how I got my first genny, from a relative who didn't know this factoid.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Good catch. However, depending on the type of oil filler, could be bad advice. If it's just the plug you pull off & fill to the line it won't hurt anything but if not, especially if it has a stick and you can put in a lot more than it's supposed to have, you're going to have suds, lots of heat, and a boat anchor if it runs for very long. but if the oil is low, a sensor could very well be a cause for not starting. Filling furhter than recommended isn't going to help anything. If it does, there are bigger problems with the unit.
You live in hurricane country, and waited for the last minute to find a generator? Hmm.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Fuel system needs cleaning~
If the engine won't run with choke off, it very possible the gasket dried out, between the carb and the engine. Pull the carb off, the gasket is probably loose. Put a tiny bit of Permatex #2B non hardening gasket sealer on the gasket, and reassemble. Should work a lot better. May also explain the no-start.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
HeyBub wrote:

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

"plenty of spark" means switch is on, and working.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

That's far from a "new" generator. It's only "unused". The fuel lines, carb, bowl, jets etc. have probably all become full of varnish from the time in storage. You'll have to have it cleaned out and checked.
Tossing gas in the spark plug is stupid advice as it can easily keep the thing from ever starting period, til the gas evaporates and in some cases can cause damage to the engine. If you wan to do something like that, get a can of starting fluid to squirt into the carb. But, that will cause the engine to almost start and you'll pull the dirt/grime formed in the old fuel harder into the needles etc. and it still won't start. Lost cause til you get it serviced.