New GE AEW05LJ Room A/C: Smell coming out

Hi, I bought this unit from Walmart yesterday and installed it. There is an odd smell coming from the unit. It appears to be a plastic/petroleum smell...I can't really decide. If I run it for 20 minutes or so with doors/windows closed, you can definitely smell this odor when you enter the room.

Anyone else experience this with any A/C? I'm getting ready to return it.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Neal

If it stinks still after a day or so return it

Reply to
m Ransley

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in news:4523-44A434EE-1874@storefull-

3136.bay.webtv.net: