New gas furnaces are a rip off!

Our old Amana 92% after 20 yrs is still working good but they say we should buy a new one at twice the price of the old one. For this kind of money around $8000.00 they ought to last atleast 30 yrs! why can't they make the heat exchangers better?
On Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:44:01 +0000, Gary

Who is "THEY"?
If you're talking about advertisers, you should know they're only trying to get into your wallet, and will tell any lie in order to get into it.
On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 3:49:34 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

+1
If he has a 92% one that is still working OK, IDK why he thinks he needs a new one. $8K sounds like furnace plus AC. Maybe the AC died?
On Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 3:54:47 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:

re: Maybe the AC died?
A single post from 2 months ago. Maybe the troll died?
On 10/24/2015 3:44 PM, Gary wrote:

They can, but it costs more. How much is a heat exchanger? At 92% not much reason to do more than replace the exchanger and make it safe again.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Some heat exchangers are life time warranteed.
On Sunday, October 25, 2015 at 2:20:52 AM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:

And some crooks can tell you that the heat exchanger is shot when there is nothing wrong with it. From the OP, it's not even clear that anyone has told him anything is wrong.
On 10/24/2015 02:44 PM, Gary wrote:

Maybe you should find another dealer.
Last year I had my 22 year old 80% efficient furnace replace with a 96% efficiency model and it was only a few hundred more that the one I bought back then.
It was under $3000 (including installation of course)
On 10/24/2015 03:44 PM, Gary wrote:

http://www.alpinehomeair.com/viewproduct.cfm?productIDE3069463
I got a 15-year old Goodman, paid $450, still going strong.