New Furnace Problems

I had a new Weil-McLain Gas Boiler installed recently to replace an Oil- burning furnace. The problem I have is the radiators don't heat up evenly. If I set the thermostat to 75 degrees, the ones in the front of the house heat well, but the radiators in the back stay cold. If the thermostat is turned up to 85 degrees, then the ones in the back will heat up. The radiator in the kitchen worked on the first day of the new furnace but doesn't heat up at all now. Plus there is a lot of hammering noise from the pipes that heat up the radiators in the back of the house. The ones that lead to the front doesn't have that problem. They all worked well with the old oil burning furnace. Any solutions?

Reply to
Rae

We'll have to assume that this is a one-pipe steam system. Sounds like the slope of some piping may have been altered (causes hammering) and line vents removed or made inoperative.

Just a guess, but sounds like the contractor has to be persuaded to come back and make it right ... Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Okay, that is what I will do. Thanks!

Reply to
Rae

Rae, Are you talking about a hot water baseboard system or steam radiator? It sounds like you have a lot of air in the system. Until it is all purged you will not get consistent flow of water through the system.

Reply to
Dennis J Sunday

"Dennis J Sunday" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Steam radiator type.

Reply to
Rae

From your description, it sounds like someone did not follow the directions for the near boiler piping....

HeatMan

Hi Rae, hope you are having a nice day

On 02-Jan-04 At About 12:47:31, Rae wrote to All Subject: New Furnace Problems

R> From: Rae

R> I had a new Weil-McLain Gas Boiler installed recently to replace an R> Oil-burning furnace. The problem I have is the radiators don't heat R> up evenly. If I set the thermostat to 75 degrees, the ones in the R> front of the house heat well, but the radiators in the back stay R> cold. If the thermostat is turned up to 85 degrees, then the ones in R> the back will heat up. The radiator in the kitchen worked on the R> first day of the new furnace but doesn't heat up at all now. Plus R> there is a lot of hammering noise from the pipes that heat up the R> radiators in the back of the house. The ones that lead to the front R> doesn't have that problem. They all worked well with the old oil R> burning furnace. Any solutions?

What you should do is call the company that installed it to check it for you.

-=> HvacTech2

Reply to
HvacTech2