New furnace isn't giving off much heat

Page 4 of 4

Poor reasoning for your conclusion, though you may be correct. He is in the Boston area and hot water heat is still installed in brand new houses that are well insulated. Many are oil fired as natural gas can be difficult to get to your house in New England. The fact that the heating system had to be replace leads me to believe the house is likely 25 years or older. That was the time period that insulation was being used better because of the 70's oil crisis when everyone wore a Jimmy Carter sweater.
On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 08:27:49 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

I know of some very well insulated hot water heated homes - from less than 5 to over 40 years old.
What gets me is someone was able to tear out all the copper - what kind of condition is this house in???? Has it been vacant for some time and half trashed, with any insulation compromised by vandalism?
Does the atlantic breeze flow unimpeded in through one wall and out through the other??? If not, the furnace should be close to the right size, and throwing a 150,000 BTU furnace at it is not going to be an effective solution to the bigger problems involved.
wrote in

(Amazon.com product link shortened)