New furnace burns rocks

Yea, put it on pay per view.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I didn't - in spite of ample warnings by sociologists from large Eastern Universities - foresee the need to have

27" flat-screen television sets available to every family in the New Orleans city limits as soon as the electricity went out. That one WAS my bad.

--Richard Galen at

Kurt Ullman

"The Brooks Brothers riot is the term coined to describe the demonstration at a meeting of election canvassers in Miami-Dade County, Florida on November 19, 2000, during a recount of votes made during the 2000 United States presidential election. The name refers to a traditional brand of suits associated with conservative business dress... "

Heh! I saw that "riot" (or part of it) on TV.

The (Democratic) canvassers were about to certify the results and barred observers/monitors/watchers from the room. The TV cameras shifted to the hallway were thirty or so people with short hair, white shirts, and neckties set up a ruckus. They held up their cell-phones and Mont Blanc pens in a show of unified pique.

Several shots of the Democratic party factotums showed absolute PANIC on their faces over the chanting going on out in the hall. There was hand-wringing and chin-quivering. Some Negro officials turned a paler shade from fear! The TV cameras politely declined to show those who wet their pants. I thought I heard someone yell "Run for your lives!"

Fearing for their safety and with concern over the future of the planet, the election officials quickly reversed their decision and allowed observers.

The folks in the hall quietly filed in, took their seats, and the official canvass got under way.

I think maybe one pot plant was broken in the hall.

Reply to
HeyBub

And Timothy McVeigh was such a liberal!

Reply to
Bob F

McVeigh didn't stab anybody.

Reply to
HeyBub

I have a furnace that can use ANYTHING as fuel. OK, not ENTIRTELY anything, it there are some exceptions like nuclear waste.

This furnace is only imaginary. You have to BELIEVE you're warm.

Reply to
Harry L
[snip]

The Baptists around here are ALMOST as good.

Reply to
Harry L

I'm sure that's a comfort to his victims.

Reply to
cjt

How many stores were looted in the "Brooks Brothers Riot"? How many cars overturned? How many police cars burned? How many people were pulled from their cars and beaten?

Reply to
willshak