New furnace burns rocks

Page 2 of 2

HeyBub wrote:

A few seconds on Google yields a fairly recent example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks_brothers_riot
On 7/11/2010 1:44 PM, cjt wrote:

I didn't see anything about windows being smashed, burning cars or buildings. There was also no mention of serious injuries. I do believe it was more of an unruly protest than a riot.
TDD
cjt wrote:

"The Brooks Brothers riot is the term coined to describe the demonstration at a meeting of election canvassers in Miami-Dade County, Florida on November 19, 2000, during a recount of votes made during the 2000 United States presidential election. The name refers to a traditional brand of suits associated with conservative business dress... "
Heh! I saw that "riot" (or part of it) on TV.
The (Democratic) canvassers were about to certify the results and barred observers/monitors/watchers from the room. The TV cameras shifted to the hallway were thirty or so people with short hair, white shirts, and neckties set up a ruckus. They held up their cell-phones and Mont Blanc pens in a show of unified pique.
Several shots of the Democratic party factotums showed absolute PANIC on their faces over the chanting going on out in the hall. There was hand-wringing and chin-quivering. Some Negro officials turned a paler shade from fear! The TV cameras politely declined to show those who wet their pants. I thought I heard someone yell "Run for your lives!"
Fearing for their safety and with concern over the future of the planet, the election officials quickly reversed their decision and allowed observers.
The folks in the hall quietly filed in, took their seats, and the official canvass got under way.
I think maybe one pot plant was broken in the hall.
cjt wrote the following:

How many stores were looted in the "Brooks Brothers Riot"? How many cars overturned? How many police cars burned? How many people were pulled from their cars and beaten?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
HeyBub wrote:

And Timothy McVeigh was such a liberal!
Bob F wrote:

McVeigh didn't stab anybody.
HeyBub wrote:

I'm sure that's a comfort to his victims.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

I've sometimes wished I could make bad drivers burst into flames.
On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 01:05:24 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@slowpoke.com wrote:

I have a furnace that can use ANYTHING as fuel. OK, not ENTIRTELY anything, it there are some exceptions like nuclear waste.
This furnace is only imaginary. You have to BELIEVE you're warm.