New furnace burns rocks

Page 1 of 2

I heard they just developed a new furnace that burns rocks. Just fill it with rocks, chunks of concrete, gravel, or sand and it will burn them and heat the average home on about a ton of rocks for an entire winter. That sounds like a cheap fuel. Does anyone know how they would get the rocks to burn? Thats the part I cant figure out.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@slowpoke.com wrote:

Not every rock. The rocks that burn are called "coal."
They light fairly easily with charcoal lighter fluid.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@slowpoke.com wrote:

They use anti-matter.
--
LSMFT

✖
On Jul 9, 1:05 am, snipped-for-privacy@slowpoke.com wrote:

I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would be happy to sell you, too.
Add pictures here
✖
Typically found in new construction churches. They don't burn, they cleft. Actually, they sing about it "Rock of ages.... cleft for me....."
They used to have these back in the fifties. "Rock, rock, rock, around the clock tonight..."
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Try burning some Mormons, they're pretty dense, so they last.
Add pictures here
✖
Italians are better, all that grease and oil.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The Baptists around here are ALMOST as good.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 8, 11:05 pm, snipped-for-privacy@slowpoke.com wrote:

Theoretically you could burn rocks if you could get the temperature high enough as for example an electrical arc.
Add pictures here
✖
Molly Brown wrote:

Isn't coal a rock?
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/10/2010 12:01 AM, cjt wrote:

Mt dad always told me I had rocks in my head.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/9/2010 9:15 PM The Daring Dufas spake thus:

Are they flammable? Does your head ever burst into flames?
✖
On 7/9/2010 11:20 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Only when I talk/listen to Liberal Marxist Commiecrats. 8-)
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Hence the designation: "Flaming liberal."
Add pictures here
✖
HeyBub wrote:

But in the example, it's the conservative whose head burst into flames, so it should be "flame-inducing liberal" and "flaming conservative."
Add pictures here
✖
cjt wrote:

Nah, conservatives don't get that excited. It's the liberals who lose control over sports results or trial outcomes.
You ever heard of a conservative "riot"?
Has a conservative mob ever thrown Molotov cocktails at police or looted stores? Especially over such trivial matters as a hurricane?
Consider the reaction to the anti-immigration law in Arizona. The law doesn't even take effect until the end of the month but already the liberal folks are getting so excited they're stabbing each other!
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/11/2010 6:28 AM, HeyBub wrote:

There was a mini-riot in Oakland after the verdict was announced in the trial of the police officer who shot a young Negro man in the back. I don't quite understand why anyone would go around smashing windows and setting fires when they don't like a particular sentence handed down by a court of law. You burn down your own neighborhood when you're upset about something? Perhaps we should build riot parks where any group could burn down and tear up structures designed for the purpose. I'm not sure if it should be operated as a theme park or a game preserve.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:43:29 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Sometimes a guy just needs a new wide-screen TeeVee.
Add pictures here
✖
On 7/11/2010 6:34 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Yea, put it on pay per view.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖

I didn't - in spite of ample warnings by sociologists from large Eastern Universities - foresee the need to have 27" flat-screen television sets available to every family in the New Orleans city limits as soon as the electricity went out. That one WAS my bad.
--Richard Galen at www.mullings.com
and name it after the IRS.
✖