New furnace burns rocks

I heard they just developed a new furnace that burns rocks. Just fill it with rocks, chunks of concrete, gravel, or sand and it will burn them and heat the average home on about a ton of rocks for an entire winter. That sounds like a cheap fuel. Does anyone know how they would get the rocks to burn? Thats the part I cant figure out.

Reply to
robwhite

Not every rock. The rocks that burn are called "coal."

They light fairly easily with charcoal lighter fluid.

Reply to
HeyBub

They use anti-matter.

Reply to
LSMFT

I have a bridge in Brooklyn that I would be happy to sell you, too.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Typically found in new construction churches. They don't burn, they cleft. Actually, they sing about it "Rock of ages.... cleft for me....."

They used to have these back in the fifties. "Rock, rock, rock, around the clock tonight..."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Try burning some Mormons, they're pretty dense, so they last.

Reply to
Smarty

Italians are better, all that grease and oil.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Theoretically you could burn rocks if you could get the temperature high enough as for example an electrical arc.

Reply to
Molly Brown

Mt dad always told me I had rocks in my head.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

On 7/9/2010 9:15 PM The Daring Dufas spake thus:

Are they flammable? Does your head ever burst into flames?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Only when I talk/listen to Liberal Marxist Commiecrats. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Isn't coal a rock?

Reply to
cjt

Hence the designation: "Flaming liberal."

Reply to
HeyBub

I've sometimes wished I could make bad drivers burst into flames.

Reply to
cjt

But in the example, it's the conservative whose head burst into flames, so it should be "flame-inducing liberal" and "flaming conservative."

Reply to
cjt

Nah, conservatives don't get that excited. It's the liberals who lose control over sports results or trial outcomes.

You ever heard of a conservative "riot"?

Has a conservative mob ever thrown Molotov cocktails at police or looted stores? Especially over such trivial matters as a hurricane?

Consider the reaction to the anti-immigration law in Arizona. The law doesn't even take effect until the end of the month but already the liberal folks are getting so excited they're stabbing each other!

Reply to
HeyBub

There was a mini-riot in Oakland after the verdict was announced in the trial of the police officer who shot a young Negro man in the back. I don't quite understand why anyone would go around smashing windows and setting fires when they don't like a particular sentence handed down by a court of law. You burn down your own neighborhood when you're upset about something? Perhaps we should build riot parks where any group could burn down and tear up structures designed for the purpose. I'm not sure if it should be operated as a theme park or a game preserve.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

A few seconds on Google yields a fairly recent example:

cjt

I didn't see anything about windows being smashed, burning cars or buildings. There was also no mention of serious injuries. I do believe it was more of an unruly protest than a riot.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sometimes a guy just needs a new wide-screen TeeVee.

Reply to
krw