New Front Porch Railing

I am going to remove my old wood railing that encloses my front porch area.
I am going to install vinyl.
How can I install brass house numbers on the vinyl posts?
If I nail them on, could I split the vinyl? If I glue them on, what type of glue should I use that will also allow me to remove the house numbers at some stage when they deteriorate and need to be replaced?
Many thanks.
Kate

I'd use screws
on 8/28/2009 4:41 AM (ET) Kate wrote the following:

Those brass house numbers usually come with brass screws to attach them. Use the screws. On plastic fencing, all attachments are made with screws.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY