New Entry Door: Wood or Fiberglass?

Anyone know how a wood-grain fiberglass door will hold up to a dog's claws? We want a replacement for our entry door. If we go with wood I'll screw some brass plates where appropriate. If she can groove fiberglass it will be very noticeable, and difficult to hide. I think I might like to use fiberglass if it will stand up well to our dog's doorbell hysteria. Our current door is 10 yrs. old, fir, and shows 1/8" deep grooves where our Aussie attacks it.
Thanks,
Mike G
geemike wrote:

The steel door might be a better solution. Further, you can buy magnetic kick plates that are a snap to replace and can be adjusted over time to find the best spot to cover your canine's door attacks.
Dogs can groove fiberglass. The replaceable kick plates sound like a good idea.
On 30 Mar 2005 19:52:56 -0800, someone wrote:

consumable plate is needed, though the REAL solution would be to not permit the dog to jump up against & scratch the door.

Feed the dog a bunch of sponges that have been soaked in bacon grease, or give it some antifreeze in it's water. That should solve the problem.
I agree with the previous replies: fiberglass can end up looking like the wood, though the scratches >may< not be as drastic. Even metal doors can be grooved if the dog is big.
I like the idea of kick plates. My first thought when I saw magnetic kickplates is that the dog may be able to move them or pull them off, but I have no knowledge of such a thing happening. Of course, if you use magnetic kickplates you'll have to buy a steel door.
Trim the dogs nails and get a shock collar to train it.
m Ransley wrote:

Get the dog de-clawed. De-clawing cats is hideous, cruel, inhumane, and a possible death sentence for the kitty inasmuch as it loses its primary defensive and offensive weapons.
But who cares about a dog.