New Electrical Code Requirement

Beginning February 17, 2009 all electrical wiring must be digital wire. The old and outdated analog wire can no longer be used. All electrons flowing thru these new wires will be digital electrons. Those who have analog wiring in preexisting homes and businesses will not be required to replace the wiring, but must purchase a Digital Wiring Converter (DWC). If you do not purchase this converter by the last day of February 2009, your power will be disconnected. All new construction, as well as building additions will require digital wiring.
The United States government will provide everyone a coupon valued at $40 to be used to purchase all government approved digital wire and digital outlets, switches and light fixtures. Limit, two coupons per mailing address. Coupons will expire 60 days after the application is completed.
To apply for your coupons, go to www.dwc.gov. Please allow 5 to 15 weeks to receive your coupons. Sign up today!
snipped-for-privacy@usa.invalid.gov wrote:

All you should need is a digital power converter on your electrical box. But digital power won't travel so far so you will need a booster box on every floor and the garage.
--
<<//--------------------\>>
Van Chocstraw

yeah plus although analog flow had some of it free, the new digital power will permit and facilitate the new pay by electron scheme..... all sold to you as a improvement....
just watch digital tv will convert to pay tv
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The way I see digital tv now is that people will be turning away from tv altogether soon. I am fed up with pixalating pictures, sound drop outs and cut ins even shows where the picture and sound are so far out of sync its laughable. The technical problems built into the system making watching tv a pain in the ass especially if you are watching a science or technical show where missing words and phrases completely distort the message. It's almost like they have instant censorship controlled by religion. I never open a book and rip out a few pages before I read it. That is how television is becoming, not to mention the rude, loud commercial breaks that blast your ears on stations that keep the sound low to make you turn up the volume before the loud commercial comes on. I am throughly pissed off with television.
--
<<//--------------------\>>
Van Chocstraw

Just so no. My wife and I gave up TV 20 years ago. Lots of time now for other activities such as books and DVDs from NetFlix.

Ah, no History Channel, no Discovery, no Travel. Sure, there is a lot of crap, but some of the cable channels are very interesting and informative. I like How It's Made, Modern Marvels and others like them. You can learn a lot from them.

I watch History Channel and Nat Geo more than all others combined. If the History Channel were actually showing (written) history I probably would not be watching, but they are showing programs about the origin of life, and early earth. I guess that is history, but not the stuff we studied in history class.
wrote Re Re: New Electrical Code Requirement:

We get History & Discovery on DVD.
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 03:33:01 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote Re Re: New Electrical Code Requirement:

I don't think Digital Books (DBs) will ever replace real books for anyone other than casual readers. I just can't see the kind of reader that is reading several books concurrently, who reads 1200+ pages per month, doing that much reading on a Kindle (Spindle? or whatever), in part because of the "read once" issue you mention. Eventually the "read once" is going to happen. Just like the switch to DVD from VHS has enabled the inclusion of material on the DVD that you are *required* to watch, i.e. that you cannot fast-forward over.
If someone has the ability to force you to do something that is more profitable for that someone, they will force you to do it.
Caesar Romano wrote:

Way back in the 1960s Fred Friendly, a chief of one of the big stations - CBS I believe, called television one vast wasteland, threw in the towel and went to work at a University. TV really hasn't changed that much since. I haven't watched it for years now and I don't miss much. The commercials here in the US were always abominable.
Indeed, there are lots of books, great movies and other videos available. Why pay for trash?
wrote Re Re: New Electrical Code<BR>&gt; Requirement:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&gt; That is how television is becoming, not to mention the rude, loud <BR>&gt;&gt; commercial breaks that blast your ears on stations that keep the sound <BR>&gt;&gt; low to make you turn up the volume before the loud commercial comes on.<BR>&gt;&gt; I am throughly pissed off with television.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Just so no. My wife and I gave up TV 20 years ago. Lots of time now<BR>&gt; for other activities such as books and DVDs from NetFlix.<BR><BR>Way back in the 1960s Fred Friendly, a chief of <BR>one of the big stations - CBS I believe,<BR>called television one vast wasteland, threw in the <BR>towel and went to work at a University. TV really <BR>hasn't changed that much since. I haven't watched <BR>it for years now and I don't miss much. The <BR>commercials here in the US were always abominable.<BR><BR>Indeed, there are lots of books, great movies and <BR>other videos available. Why pay for trash?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>FYI:&nbsp; It was the head of the FCC who made the wasteland statement about TV.&nbsp; Friendly as I recall was with CBS but I&nbsp; think he was in the news division.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

Newton Minnow
snipped-for-privacy@usa.invalid.gov wrote:

Hmm, Also all numbering system will be binary, hexadecimal, or Octal. Who uses other system will be heavily fined!

Those aren't numbers, but NUMERALS. I learned the difference in third grade.