New Dremel

Anyone used the Dremel Multi Max Oscillating tool...similar to the Fein? Any feedback Thanks Terry
Terry Cano wrote:

Dremel is not the only one making a clone of the Fein now that Fein's patent has expired.
I got this one from Harbor Freight on Black Friday: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumbere700
It's not the miracle machine that Fein's TV infomercial says the concept is, but it does work.
The tool's claim to fame is it's oscillating blade. That said, I don't see how the quality or reputation of the tool maker can much influence the worth of the tool. All it does is shake the bit (blade?) back and forth (Duh!).
If you can be pleased with about 70% of the claims made on the Fein TV show, go for the Dremel, the Harbor Freight model, or one of the other clones.

Right. And the only thing a car's engine does is apply power to the transmission which then turns the wheels. That said, I don't see how the quality or reputation of the car maker can much influence the worth of the car.
I hope you weren't serious.

DerbyDad03 wrote:

I'm not.
I think Serious was one of the dwarves that lived with Cinderella. I'm HeyBub.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I bought the Fein machine and so far it has performed as seen on TV. I have used it for cutting wood, metal, tile and also for sanding. The blades are expensive but last a long time unless you try to cut steel with the wood blade. Lesson learned! Chuck B.

But can you hammer with it? Rockwell (multi tool) SoniCrafter vs. Nails....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew7ZJx0e1ag

Oren wrote:

The SoniCrafter costs about $180.00.
I bought the Harbor Freight Fein clone for $39.99 a couple of weeks ago. After watching the Rockwell advert, I went back to Harbor Freight and bought a hammer ($2.99).
I figure I'm about $137.00 ahead.

Best of the Fein clones on the market now may be the cordless Li Ion Bosch unit. Given the more industrial pro orientation of the Bosch tool, it will likely be my choice if one is needed for the household tool box.
Joe

Please, just what *is* a Fein tool? And how differs from a normal, old dremel?
Thanks,
David
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (David Combs) wrote in wrote:

The Fein tools are oscillating sanding/sawing tools(triangle sander),not a rotary hand grinder like the standard Dremel.Google "Fein multimaster".
Different tools for different tasks.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik