new doorseal at freezer

My freezer needs a new doorseal (is that the correct word for the rubber part that is sealing the door against the cabinet?) It looks like the existing seal is attached to the door by means of double sided tape (with glue?). According to the service department of the manufacturere it's difficult for a DIY-er to install a new seal.
Has anyone experience with this?
Thanx. Jan

No, it just appears that way after years of gunk. Most commonly, the seal is held against the door by the strip magnet that is inside the plastic. There are sheet metal screws that fasten it to the door.

Not in general. Unscrew, peel old seal off, clean the surfaces, and install the new one.

Just remembered, there's also a steel strip for each edge. The screws tighten on the strip which in turn presses the seal to the door.

sided adhesive tape.
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 21:01:09 +0200, "jan siepelstad"

you first posted, so Nexus wouldn 't have wasted his effort and time?
And even here you don't give it.

Replacing a door seal is not complicated. I wouldn't take the old seal off all at once though. Remove the upper third, clean the inner door, attach the new seal, then the middle, and finally the bottom third.
APP Forum admin http://forum.appliancepartspros.com

I can give it, but I suppose it's not known in the US. It's a German brand: Miele. The type is F5329SEL. But my question was more in general. I can imagine there are other brands/types that also have the same construction. And that someone has experience in replacing it.