New Dishwasher Problem: Thoughts On ?

Hello,
Just got a new KitchenAid Dishwasher. Will obviously get their installer back, but thought I would also ask here, as most of you folks seem to be expewrts in most everything.
Does a miserable job cleaning.
"May" have found the problem, but perhaps not ?
Looked inside, and see that the 4-Arm water spinner rubs/hits some tube in the back of the tub's interior. Probably a tolerance buildup, or... ?
Also, if the spinner is pushed vertically upward by finger pressure to it's limit, perhaps 1/8 of an inch or so, it does not rub.
Have a guess that the installer will tell me that verticlly "up" is the way it spins when water is coming out of it's arms. And, therefore, there is no problem. Hmm...!
Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Bob

I'd say it's hard to imagine a design where there is only 1/8" clearance between the spray arm and anything it could hit inside the tub and that even that 1/8 relies on the arm being pushed up slightly. A half inch or more would seem normal. If there is a unit on display at a local store, you could go take a look at that one.
Robert11 wrote:

and works fine. Clearance between the plastic tube which appears to be water feed is about half inch. Tube is inflexible and does not move. Is your's properly in place? That's my only thought.

Mine is running right now so I can't look but 1/8" clearance does not see correct. We've had our KA for four years now and every dish is perfect if loaded properly. A couple of times something got improperly loaded and it did into get the spray, but that is maybe 4 items in 4 years. Great machine.

Seem to me the machine fell of the loading dock or had some mishap that sprung the chassis. I would not accept it at all. With such a poor beginning, the future for the sorry thing looks pretty grim. You will probably be exposed to all manner of BS claiming, 'they all do that', 'to let it cycle a few times and it will be fine'. Stand your ground, have it carted off and go find a better dealer if you get no cooperation. God luck.
Joe
Joe wrote:

When my sister moved into her new house, high end DW jammed up on first load of dish when started. That unit suffered exactly what you mentioned, dropped during unloading from tailgate. She demanded a replacement, no repair. Replacement was fine and still working good.