New Dimmer

Today's newspaper had an ad for light dimmers that claim to work with all types of lamps.
Here's a piece from their web site.
Dimming saves energy while setting the right light level to improve mood and ambiance. Screw-in compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs) and screw-in light emitting diode bulbs (LEDs) are a great energy-saving alternative to incandescent or halogen light sources; however, dimming them may be difficult. Lutron's new CFL.LED (C.LT) Dimmers with HEDT Technology help alleviate your CFL and LED dimming challenges.
The site itself is at http://www.lutron.com/Education-Training/LCE/Pages/DimmingCFLsandLEDs.aspx
Has any one had the chance to try one? Are they showing up in the B B stores? Ads are one thing, but personal experience is more important.
I have no conection with Lutron except for a couple of old dimmers that have been in service for a long time
Charlie

Lutron is a major manufacturer of dimmers and such, so odds are their products will work as advertised. Since a lot of tricky engineering (and possibly manufacturing) went into the products, expect the price to be a bit rather higher than most.
Joe
On 1/23/2011 1:36 PM, Joe wrote:

$30 for the wall mount and $13 for the inline model at http://tinyurl.com/4aql5ug on Lowes site.
Don

I didn't see anywhere where they claimed that the dimmer could be used with ordinary (non-dimmable rated) CFLs. They just said that lamps could be dimmed closer to zero and that they would have less flicker. I think if they could be used with ordinary CFLs they would have made that a big advertising issue. I know I would if it were my product.

I didn't see anywhere where they claimed that the dimmer could be used with ordinary (non-dimmable rated) CFLs. They just said that lamps could be dimmed closer to zero and that they would have less flicker. I think if they could be used with ordinary CFLs they would have made that a big advertising issue. I know I would if it were my product.
Web site gives a list of Lutron approve lamps. Must be marked "dimmable".
Charlie

Oh Yeah, I looked more closely and saw that that they do say "dimmable" a couple of places, but noticeably not on the pages where they show "approved" lamps.

Thanks, Don. I looked at Lowes before but those didn't show up on my search. I also noticed no reviews yet. I'll wait and see. I don't like being first on a new device. The prices aren't that bad if all the claims are true. We have a hanging lamp on a dimmer that we use as a night light when we go out and I don't know how long my stock of incandescents will last.
Charlie