New ceiling cracked

Had it artexed yesterday. Previous cracks were taped but this morning the artex has hairlined cracks where the tape runs across in a couple of places. One crack in a line about 6ft, barely noticable unless I'm looking. Took all evening clearing up the mess and was hoping to start painting the rest of the room today. Now what? Will it get worse? Should I forget it and paint over it?

Reply to
Sick

I have not a clue what artex is. In general paint does not cover up cracks. You might try some caulk. Fixing the underlining cause of the cracking is always an better long term solution that half assing it.

Reply to
SQLit