New Cedar deck. What product do I put on it now?

Don't want to color it, just want to protect it and it's natural color (before it greys) and have it be as maintenance free as possible.

Suggestions?

Linseed Oil?

Cetol?

Reply to
Bob

I used Sikkens Cetol 123 on Western Red Cedar siding. It looks great. It is not recommended on decks but the do have a product made for decks. I would check it out.

I think the Linseed Oil will be too soft. You want something to block UV. You do not want to use something like Poly or varnish due to high maintains afterwards.

Thompsons and Bher in junk I think Cabbots is junk too although many here like it.

Anything will require periodic renewal. What you choose and your site conditions will dictate how often and how easy each time.

Reply to
Brikp