New Carpet Causes Water Odor

Just thought this might interest someone. I got new carpet a couple of days ago and today the water started smelling terrible. To make a long story short the water department asked me (without prompting): "Did you get new carpet?" Yes.

They said the chemicals in the air from the new carpet react with the chemicals in the water and produce the bad smelling water. But that it was harmless to consume the water.

I hope this helps someone.

Reply to
needin4mation

Take another qualude and go back to lala land.

Reply to
G Henslee

It is absolutely true.

Reply to
needin4mation

Ahhh.. Quaaludes. Such great memories.

Reply to
Abe

Quit pouring water on the carpet.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Are sitting there telling me that you answered "yes"? That was your mistake. When talking to the water department you should always lie about getting new carpets. Now you made that smell permanent.

Reply to
Dumbo

wrote

urine

MasterBlaster

Ya as soon as I read it I thought of the "747's".

Many many many moons ago...

Reply to
SQLit

"MasterBlaster"