New Carpet Causes Water Odor

Just thought this might interest someone. I got new carpet a couple of days ago and today the water started smelling terrible. To make a long story short the water department asked me (without prompting): "Did you get new carpet?" Yes.
They said the chemicals in the air from the new carpet react with the chemicals in the water and produce the bad smelling water. But that it was harmless to consume the water.
I hope this helps someone.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Take another qualude and go back to lala land.
It is absolutely true.

Ya as soon as I read it I thought of the "747's".
Many many many moons ago...

Quit pouring water on the carpet.
AMUN
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Are sitting there telling me that you answered "yes"? That was your mistake. When talking to the water department you should always lie about getting new carpets. Now you made that smell permanent.
: 7bit

http://www.ci.mesa.az.us/utilities/water/water_quality_report/faqs.asp#cat urine
http://www.pwwky.com/FAQ.html#9
wrote<BR><BR>&gt; Just thought this might interest someone.&nbsp; I got new carpet a couple of<BR>&gt; days ago and today the water started smelling terrible.&nbsp; To make a long<BR>&gt; story short the water department asked me (without prompting):&nbsp; "Did<BR>&gt; you get new carpet?"&nbsp; Yes.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; They said the chemicals in the air from the new carpet react with the<BR>&gt; chemicals in the water and produce the bad smelling water.&nbsp; But that it<BR>&gt; was harmless to consume the water.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I hope this helps someone.<BR><BR><A href="http://www.ci.mesa.az.us/utilities/water/water_quality_report/faqs.asp#cat urine">http://www.ci.mesa.az.us/utilities/water/water_quality_report/faqs..asp#cat urine</A></DIV> <DIV><BR><A href="http://www.pwwky.com/FAQ.html#9 ">http://www.pwwky.com/FAQ.html#9 </A><BR></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&nbsp;After reading that I need a <FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Quaalude</FONT></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Thank you.