New California Driving Laws take effect January 1st, 2016

Page 3 of 4
On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 13:31:44 -0800, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

I don't think I"ve ever been to a funeral at night. Is there such a thing?

bicycle,

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=2 01520160SB491

crap.

or a

wearing earplugs

resting on,

provisions would

program.

dangerous for anyone in traffic to have both ears blocked.

your lights off?

I don't know, but if there was one, it would be easy to miss with their lights off.
Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney posted for all of us...

No silly, one either flashes their lights on & off rapidly or uses candles on the fender or sets the little funeral flags on fire.
--
Tekkie

It happens that Mark Bannon formulated :

"Hoverboard"? Like the ones used in 'Back To The Future part 2'?
On 01/02/2016 10:12 AM, Eagle wrote:

There are two types of hoverboards.
The two-wheeled variety are typically used by lazy kids.
When the lazy kids grow up, they graduate to the 18-wheelers you see at walmart hauling around obese shoppers.
Wayne Kerr has brought this to us :

Ah...I see said the blind man.
On 1/2/2016 12:17 PM, Eagle wrote:

Being a glutton and a sloth has it's rewards.
For example, I was just at Disney World and noticed that fat people on obesecycles don't have to wait as long to get on a ride. In fact, they seem to get preferential treatment.
Is this what they call the Disney FatPass+?
Per Eagle:

... carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 01/02/2016 08:12 AM, Eagle wrote:

It's a new device invented by the medical profession to ensure a continued revenue stream. Presumably somewhere, sometime a person has gotten further than the myriad youtube fail videos. Think Seque with nothing to hold onto.
rbowman laid this down on his screen :

I believe that about the medical community.
VERB
1.(in music and film) move without interruption from one song, melody, or scene to another: "allowing one song to segue into the next"
NOUN
1.an uninterrupted transition from one piece of music or film scene to another.
Huh? lol
On 01/02/2016 12:55 PM, Eagle wrote:

Okay, okay, Segway to you sir! Anyway users of the device commonly referred to as a hoverboard tend to seque from standing to lying on the ground moaning. Ignore the clauses in the definition of seque that talk about a smooth transition. Ain't nothing smooth about it.
rbowman has brought this to us :

OH! SEGWAY! lol I almost bought one last month and decided I didn't need one. :D
On Sun, 03 Jan 2016 07:32:01 -0800

How in the fuck would you get your walker on a Segway???
LOL Put down the pipe!
On 01/02/2016 09:12 AM, Eagle wrote:
[snip]

They SHOULD.
Some people around here got those for Christmas. They had 2 wheels (on the sides).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

highways,

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id 1520160AB604
My guess would be some hoverboard marketing person brought this to his legislator to write the bill. Free advertising.
On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 14:12:48 -0000 (UTC)

NSA and obama don't need n stinking warrants.
WORD!
On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 14:12:48 -0000 (UTC), Mark Bannon

That sounds great but it still doesn't stop them from looking. It only means they can't use the information in court. They still can use the information to "get lucky" in a traffic stop or know where to look to find legal probable cause from a place where you don't have the expectation of privacy.
Per Mark Bannon:

I wonder how that plays out in those 55 mph zones where "normal speed of traffic" is more like 60-65.
--
Pete Cresswell

Creates a catch 22. Going the speed limit is less than the normal speed of traffic. Going the normal speed of traffic is speeding. Perfect when combined with the war on some drugs and civil asset forfeiture.
On 1/2/2016 6:10 PM, Brent wrote:

[Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”]